Modifaction cars Velez-Malaga

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
SamGoess

Modifaction cars Velez-Malaga

Postby SamGoess » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:40 am

Dear users,

My family and I are planning on moving to Spain (from the Netherlands) in the beginning of next year. However i drive a Golf 7 GTI Stage 1. I have a catless downpipe and a valved exhaust. To pass the dutch ITV i just swap the originial downpipe back and i am good. Now i am reading that car modification are a NO GO in Spain. Is this true? Does it depend on where in Spain? My whole exhaust is not factory any more, but luckily it can be quiet when i want to fortnuately. Just as quiet as Stock. If I would leave the valves closed u wouldnt notice that its an aftermarket exhaust.
My parents bought a house in Velez-Malaga, but i have no idea how strict car rules are. I don't have factory wheels, brake pads, discs, exhaust and ECU tune. I got a feeling that i am gonna be screwed. What do I need to replace to pass the ITV? Can I try to swap only the downpipe back and wing it with fingers crossed? Or does it HAVE to be factory in order to get a licenseplate?

Help and information would be much appreciated.

Your sincerely,

Sam Goes

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Modifaction cars Velez-Malaga

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:29 am

Hi SamGoess,
Welcome to The Forum..............

Have a Google search............... Coche modificado para ITV

Throws up for Example............

https://gevepro.com/homologacion-itv-mo ... vehiculos/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:55 pm

That car will not pass an ITV test. Spain are really strict. You need the wheels to be as on the COC. Aftermarket tow bars are also a problem.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:36 am

You can have things "verified" by the perito - but only afterwards - i´ve not heard of any cars being verified before hand ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.