Electric Scooters

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Electric Scooters

Postby olive » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:35 pm

Anyone got one or is a fan?

We have been thinking of investing in a couple to put in the car to enable us to cover more ground when we go places. Eg along the esplanade ( cycle route?) of coastal towns

DGT announced a set of technical standards ,which all seem reasonable, for vehicles sold after 22 Jan. I dare say the previously marketed ‘ high performance models’ will command high prices going forward.

Media Mart do a good range. Any other outlets?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Electric Scooters

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:28 am

I have just purchased one to bring over when I drive down in April. I can't bring it before as not allowed on the plane because of the battery. The better half thinks I am mad at my age ha ha. I have been using it in the UK for nipping up the shop etc and love it.

What are the DGT rules?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:31 am

Here it is in English

https://www.surinenglish.com/spain/rule ... 22-nt.html

25 km max speed, stand or prop to hold it safely upright when not in use, braking system, side reflectors.

Do you have some form of third party insurance?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:41 am

olive wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:31 am Here it is in English

https://www.surinenglish.com/spain/rule ... 22-nt.html

25 km max speed, stand or prop to hold it safely upright when not in use, braking system, side reflectors.

Do you have some form of third party insurance?
I have insurance in the Uk but not valid when I bring it to Spain.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:39 pm

We bought a couple of non-electric scooters from Decathlon back here in the UK. No charging, no regulations to worry about, light & compact enough to chuck in the car or carry on trains etc., and pretty cheap too. OK, they're bloody hardwork & no good for hilly areas or rough surfaces, but they're also damned good exercise, and an absolute blast! Every time we use them we get admiring glances and comments, and yes, we feel like big kids :D

https://www.decathlon.es/es/p/patinete- ... mc=8666200
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.