Brough superior ss

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Manchesteral
Resident

Brough superior ss

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:23 pm

A general question to all but specifically aimed at Peteroldracer !

A friend of mine who has been a motorcyle mechanic for over 40 years has tracked down a Brough superior SS80, no papers, no background info and no pedigree.

It consists of a frame, wheels, tank, handlebars and an engine which is mostly in bits and in a steel box.

In his opinion it looks to be all there but with all the bits being loose one can never tell !

A fully restored model of this bike could potentially sell for 90 grand, he doesn't want to sell it for profit but wants to use it for his own pleasure.

I have no Idea why he has asked my advice other than the fact that I've had a good number of bikes in the past.

He can buy this project for 25000 cash, the question is should he take the chance ?

scotty
Resident

Re: Brough superior ss

Postby scotty » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:33 pm

Are the numbers matching ? (Engine & Frame)

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:05 am

scotty wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:33 pm Are the numbers matching ? (Engine & Frame)
Good question, I'm not sure but I think so, I'll be seeing him later today !

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:36 pm

This is real gambling territory. I would start with https://www.broughsuperiorclub.com/
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:07 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:36 pm This is real gambling territory. I would start with https://www.broughsuperiorclub.com/
Interesting site, it appears that some of the bikes pictured have a Matchless engine !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:17 pm

As an update, my mate got member of the Brough Superiors club involved, the frame and engine numbers matched and he has now bought the bike.
It appears that the father of the seller bought the bike as a project some years ago but then had serious health problems and subsequently died, the seller was liquidating his bequeathed assets !