How to guide needed for ITV

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: How to guide needed for ITV

Postby Enrique » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:15 pm

Hi Wicksey,
"low tyre pressure warning was flashing away "....agree, expensive to replace and reprogram for what it does.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:18 pm

Wicksey wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:22 pm

Went to the checking in machine and got a ticket to wait to be called to a desk (no option to pay at the machine).
That's surprising. The card machines were working 2 weeks ago when I went.
Although they seemed to be temporary ones attached to the machines.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:52 pm

Wicksey wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:09 pm Just fear of the unknown, Enrique :roll: :lol:

Saved us 50€ too, although our old diesel 4x4 was a different beast and we did like to have that checked over and taken. No reason why our almost new (mileage wise) petrol car should have failed. (Although, rather embarrassed as the low tyre pressure warning was flashing away like mad. We'd pumped up the tyres to what they should be but the warning won't go away, it usually rights itself. Can't over-ride it with the computer setting either ..... we hate all these gizmos on cars :x )
You aren't alone. I am not embarrassed to say I am still finding buttons and things on our newer car. In order to get features we do use like active cruise control, the car we bought came with alll sorts of gimmicky things like self parking that we have never used( when we were looking at cars to buy, I asked a vendor to demonstrate it and it all went swimmingly except it rammed the kerb and damaged the wheel!). When do you ever use fog lights front or rear here in Southern Spain?! If it is that bad we dont go out. First itv the tester had to show me too.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:04 pm

gerryh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:18 pm
Wicksey wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:22 pm Went to the checking in machine and got a ticket to wait to be called to a desk (no option to pay at the machine).
That's surprising. The card machines were working 2 weeks ago when I went.
Although they seemed to be temporary ones attached to the machines.
Cheers
Gerry
There was a payment machine attached which is why I thought I could pay, but when I put my car reg in it just spat out a ticket, then next minute it showed up on the screen with a desk number to attend. It was all very quick so no problem.

Olive, we bought the 4x2 version of our car rather than the 4x4, not only due to the cost but to avoid all the extras we didn't want like self braking and lane control. As it is, we always turn the start/stop option off when we get in and I can't bare all those extra beeping things. I've read of people's cars suddenly breaking because of something like a bird flying in front of it etc which I would hate. I prefer to be in control of my own vehicle!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:05 am

Enrique wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:50 pm Hi Wicksey,
As it's your first test you don't have that document. They will issue it after the test.
Both my permiso de circulación and my ficha technica came with the car. It was new last year.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:08 am

Wicksey wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:04 pm.
but when I put my car reg in it just spat out a ticket, then next minute it showed up on the screen with a desk number to attend. It was all very quick so no problem.
The machine lets you pay normally, but when their computer is missing any information, it gets you to come to the desk. They sometimes ask for a post code or something when you are there.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:55 am

The lady at the desk did ask where we lived, so maybe that was the case.