Car Emissions Sticker

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
knowal
Resident

Re: Car Emissions Sticker

Postby knowal » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:59 am

I bet all these €5 payments are really helping to quell the climate emergency hoax.
If the government told you not to drive every other week, would you do that? It's difficult to believe how compliant we have all become, but I suppose we were softened up by Covid.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:07 pm

knowal wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:59 am I bet all these €5 payments are really helping to quell the climate emergency hoax.
If the government told you not to drive every other week, would you do that? It's difficult to believe how compliant we have all become, but I suppose we were softened up by Covid.
Isn’t it also to reduce pollution? I recently collected OH from five days confinement in Granada hospital. Her first comment as we left the building was the vehicle fumes despite no vehicles nearby. You can see the pall that hangs over Granada city from miles away but you get accustomed to it as you drive in. Something has to be done as air pollution kills.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:05 pm

Its a fine of 200€ if you enter the LEZ without the appropriate sticker, so we're not doing it for the fun of it! There are real old stinkers on the road so the idea is to stop the heavy pollution in city centres. Most cities have a fug of fumes and I really notice it when I go into busy areas of town or cities.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:05 pm

Axarquia Plus today says beginning of 2024 to need emission stickers ...

https://www-axarquiaplus-es.translate.g ... _tr_pto=sc

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:10 pm

I think they have all this year to start to install the cameras etc and I have read that most places won't be ready until the end of the year anyway. I only got one as we were in central Malaga and I wasn't sure of the situation. I'm sure they are already needed for Granada city centre (?) so it wasn't a problem to get one and to be prepared.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:48 pm

Maybe installations will start once the local elections have taken place? I hear that Estepona has plans, but just heard that, not fact, before I get jumped on!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:37 pm

Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.