Animal Neglect....Again!!

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Sadie
Resident

Re: Animal Neglect....Again!!

Postby Sadie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:22 pm

Oh what a happy ending, I will look out for you Slinky in Frigiliana, hope you will be very happy.

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:00 am

Here is a recent picture of Slinky which brought a tear to my eye. She has her name on her tag, and that made me weep when I considered how her life had been. A dog with no name, no home and no love. Now look at her !!

I have this picture on the wall alongside those of my other loved pets, past and present :D

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:00 pm

What a lucky dog! She is gorgeous and it's so nice to have a happy story for a change.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 am

Well we are now seven months on and I thought a report was in order.
Slinky continues to thrive, when released she runs for Spain ! Trog should really have called her Forrest. She is brilliant in the apartment, and strangely does not bark, she still is very wary of strangers and someone must have been very active with a stick at some time in her past.
One clue to her being "abandoned" we have become aware of is that she 'looses' the way back if she gets too far away and seems to rely on sight rather than smell.
From our apartment we look out over one of the short walks and I have observed that if she can't see my wife she gets quite distressed and runs in circles, I direct my wife by phone to where she can be seen and all is well.
She might simply have lost her owner, there again by the way she cowered (getting better) we will never know.
We are delighted we took her on.
Some pictures of a happy dog. Thanks Trog wherever you may be now.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:57 pm

:lol: One very contented doggy!

Nice to hear how she is doing :D

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:32 am

we had to have a german pointer put down :( he was a lovely dog, but developed epilepsy, to the point of attacking anyone and anything that got in his way of darkness.

"ali" was a lovely dog, that used to stand on his hind legs and "box" .. (hence "ali")
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:18 am

I am reluctant to re-open this old thread, however there is a twist that I thought to share.
Slinky went to the Rainbow Bridge two weeks ago tomorrow, she had a paralysed larynx and she gradually became unable to breathe. Had to happen.
Now the twist.
On Wednesday night a dog was abandoned next door, we live in the Campo and this was a deliberate act. The lady next door brought him round on Thursday morning, compare the pictures, fate has sent a Slinky double.
He is just over two months according to the vet.
P1020368.JPG

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:36 pm

That, in a way, is lovely.
Hope you both have a good life together. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks for that, I remember Slinky. Sad but a happy ending for another dog.

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:41 am

I just read this post to the end, not realising that it started approx 10 years ago! I haven't been on this forum for a long time as returned to the UK in 2009. However, I was recently thinking of buying a small property in Spain to spend some of the year but I'm still traumatised by the treatment of animals in the country. I know things are bad here in the UK too but it's only visible to me on tv. In Spain it's so openly visible and really troubles me. We returned with 3 dogs ourselves! I can see some improvements as our Spanish family and friends have small dogs in apartments who they adore and treat well, seems more a problem with the local campo folk and returning inconsiderate Brits? Well done to you Lyric and the many other caring folks.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:38 pm

Lyric wrote:I am reluctant to re-open this old thread, however there is a twist that I thought to share.
Slinky went to the Rainbow Bridge two weeks ago tomorrow, she had a paralysed larynx and she gradually became unable to breathe. Had to happen.
Now the twist.
On Wednesday night a dog was abandoned next door, we live in the Campo and this was a deliberate act. The lady next door brought him round on Thursday morning, compare the pictures, fate has sent a Slinky double.
He is just over two months according to the vet.
P1020368.JPG
I too haven't been on the forum for a while, I have been looking through the posts. My eyes have watered a bit by the end. Slinky sounded like a wonderful companion, how great a new Slinky has arrived :thumbup:

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:46 am

I have come back onto this forum through fate. I no longer live in Spain having suffered two close bereavements, and a series of health problems.
Myself and the family are okay although we are now minus 2. I was trying to post something on a forum in the uk that my brother posted on but in order to do so I need a user name. Troglodyfae has not been out of the closet for many years so I decided she would be the speaker on this forum, I just needed to find my original avatar so I searched, and low and behold came across this thread about Slinky. Just about trashed my already broken heart as I lost my brother less that 8 weeks ago, he was also a poster on this site. I am gutted beyond words, but I do know that Slinky had the most amazing life, from such awful beginnings. Strangely enough, going through my brothers things just the other day, I found the video he took of me removing the over 100 ticks from her poor battered body. She was such a lucky pup that Lyric and family decided to take her on, I am very nearly sure there are no regrets. I wish the new pup love, will not need luck, I think Slinky held the door ajar to allow you in XX Trog

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:16 pm

So sorry to hear of your losses & health issues - I hope you manage to get through it all, and come out the other end in a good state of well-being.
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)