Animal Neglect....Again!!

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ulli » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:56 pm

I have pm'd you... :)
F?dd i Sverige men med Guds hj?lp Sk?ning :)

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Just a quick update on slinky. She is still improving and her trust levels are getting better, apart from the scare she got when two men turned up to deliver my new washing machine. She does not care that much for men as strangers but more so if they are Spanish. I strongly believe that some Spanish man has done her some real physical harm.

She is nicely integrated with the cats and as living proof the youngest of my cats Rubia greets her in the morning which is quite something as Rubia can be very aloof and snooty.

She is walking well on a harness and lead and is very susceptible to basic commands and I think with a little time and patience she will train beautifully. From our walks we have observed that she does not observe the UK heel command which is normally to the left heel. She does however walk to the right heel which tells me that she is or was gun dog trained as they walk under the gun arm.

Play time usually kicks off about now and bang on cue the two loons are busy eating each other on the floor as I type. These antics will continue for the rest of the evening as it is now starting to cool off, and around 8.30 the game of chase me around the house will commence. This means they will hare through the house from the front door and as our house is pretty much on a horse shoe design the chase will continue through the house and into the kitchen and out the door. Slinky uses the cat/dog door and Charlie is delayed a little on this one as he has to open it to go through. The chase then continues all over the terrace and then back in the front door. We call it circuits and bumps as they both fall *beep* over tit on the tiles :lol: :lol:

I currently have two interested parties who are considering giving Slinky a home. If I get a firm offer I am willing to keep her for as long as it takes, as long as I do not sell the house, because then I will be in a bit of a pickle.

I am doing my very best to make sure her credentials for being re-homed are second to none. She is house trained, she is friendly, obedient, lead trained, good with cats and other dogs, good with elderly people I just have to check her out with kids. Oh she is also a bit of a nark and keeps alerting us to when our cheeky cat gets on the work surfaces or is trying to get into the bin, I'm not sure the cat is overly impressed with this particular skill :lol: :lol:

I will post from time to time and I know she will eventually have a brand new home and that will indeed be a very happy day for all.

TrogX

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh keeping fingers crossed that one of the interested parties gives Slinky a new home, you have done so much for her.

Good Luck.

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:25 pm

What happened to slinky , we have heard nothing for a time and wonder if one of the interested parties took her?

Fred

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Do not worry Slinky is good and just waiting for her new Mum and Dad to collect her. Her new Mum and Dad will not be long, they have just sold their house in the UK and have to tie up the ends of the deal and they will be here with bells on. I am most confident of this and I trust them :)

She is just having her first season and is a little confused, she is ok though and putting weight on which is really good.

She now sleeps with us and her 'Boyfriend'.....lol She and Charlie are together now 24/7 she loves him and he loves her....lol

It is going to be a sad day for my boy when she gets to be 'Slinky' I have a real home dog, he is going to cry.

I have been told there are some dalmatian puppies needing homes locally :shock: :shock: :shock: I must not look, I must not look, I must not look :shock:

I have to............................please God help me through this :shock:

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:20 am

I hope the new owners call her Slinky! Poor Charlie, you 'll just have to get one of those dalmation puppies now won't you?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:20 pm

I would expect that the new owners would do nothing other than call her Slinky, it's a good name and I expect it's what she answers to.
I would also hope that they keep the forum informed with tales and photos.

Seems to me that surrogate mum and Charlie are going to find it difficult though.

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:02 pm

Aahhh, I love happy endings :D

You've done a fantastic job with her, maybe you could be a foster mum for one of the rescue centres now :wink:

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Just so happy to hear good news

:lol: :lol:

Fred

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:07 pm

I am going to go and look at the pups at the rescue centre as the lady that runs it is a friend of mine. Bit of a sad tale to be fair, as her husband is very ill and she is going to have to close. I really feel for them. She has devoted her time here making sure that the poor little waifs and strays have a place, now in her time of need when she needs to spend time with her husband so they can face his illness together, there are few there to help her out. Obviously I am going to do what I can to help her, I just hope others will do the same. There are so many animals, and I am not sure what can be done :cry:

Sorry I meant to add, we call her Slinky Binky Boo or Slinky Dinky. Yes we are sad :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:14 pm

you will come back with one Trog..i just know it.. :lol: 8)

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Only one Peachy?? Seriously, I wish I could be over there now as I'd be there wanting one too. And my 2 monsters would be so happy to have even more company.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Re: Animal Neglect....Again!!

Postby Lyric » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:42 pm

I know that many have followed this little girl's tale since June, just to show there is a happy ending, we collected Slinky from Troglodyfae yesterday and brought her to her new home. She has behaved impeccably since she was put in the car, slept for most of the three hour journey, explored the place and slept for nine hours last night. These were taken today and you can see how upset she is in her new surroundings ! I think she is looking for Charlie the Dalmatian a little but all in all it's going well.
Time for a walk methinks.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Alls well that ends well...nice :D

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:02 pm

That's lovely, she looks really happy :D

Chrissie
Resident

Postby Chrissie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:14 pm

What a beautiful dog :D She looks so happy.
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:07 pm

Wonderful ending to a very sad story, but it does just show that there can be happy endings, even if Slinky's story might be an exception to the rule.

We know that Slinky is now going to have to wonderful life she deserves and I thank her new Mum and Dad from the bottom of our hearts, for caring so much. XXXXX

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:26 pm

What a lovely happy ending :D

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:09 am

Thank you for updating us, wonderful and well done you for helping slinky to trust and relate again............

daisylulu

Postby daisylulu » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:10 pm

Slinky is looking lovley...great to see her settled in her new home.

Louise :D