3 metre snake ???

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

3 metre snake ???

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:14 pm

so i came back to my house yesterday .. the goat farmers feild was on fire, there were guardia and fire brigade everywhere...

and the kid over the road has a broom, and theres something dangling on it. i look again and its a snake. its moving. its alive but sleepy.

looked to be green / brown, he had the broom outstretched from his body at right angles, assuming he measured about 1.5 metres, that puts the snake at 3 m long, it was touching the floor at both ends :shock: :shock:

they did the responsible spanish thing..

and threw it in the bin!!!

for the next 2 hours people were there poking it, it must of been affected by the fire, no way it could of NOT got out the bin!

nice to know all the people are right when they say theres no big snakes in spain !!!
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:18 pm

I do not ever recall me saying there were no big snakes in Spain, I bleddy know there are :lol: Seen them, danced with them, ran from them. However never yet put one in the bin.........I mean .......why would you :shock: :shock:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:33 am

To give it a nasty prodding ,tease the life out of it,then give it a gruesome death.Horrible people. :evil:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:45 am

About ten years ago we looked at a ruined mill (for renovation) in the Alpujarras. At the top of the stairs was a sloughed off skin of what must have been a python of similar dimension. It wasn't just the length but the girth of the thing.

Needless to say we trod carefully. The agent just shrugged.

olive