Dogs and Beaches

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Pink Lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Dogs and Beaches

Postby Pink Lady » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:41 pm

Anyone know what the actual legal rules are for taking dogs on beaches through the winter season and which ones are dog friendly. We took our pup to Torre Del Mar on Sunday as it was rainy and windy and of course the only other people on the each were dog owners but I didn't think that dogs are ever really allowed on that beach whether it's winter or summer. A few people have suggested Benajarafe and my Spanish friends have said 'any beach any time' - mmmmmmmmm!

TinaTapas
Resident

Re: Dogs and Beaches

Postby TinaTapas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:04 pm

In my experience, as long as you're a responsible dog owner (pick up the poo, have unruly dogs on a lead etc.) no one has a problem with it, even if there's a "NO DOGS" sign.

Unfortunately, it's the owners rather than their dogs, that tend to spoil things.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:30 pm

On a blue flag beach you're not allowed on it with your dog at any time although, between October to end of March, they turn a blind eye. Ditto Tinatapas - take bags :D :D :D

Pink Lady
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pink Lady » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks guys, it sounds like if I'm sensible about it I'll be alright :o)

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:36 pm

I tend to think any beach which has a lack of 'no dogs' signs are fair game, so long as its early in the morning and you stand little chance of clashing with other beach users. We took our perro de agua puppy to Guadalmar beach (same exit as leroy merlin on the motorway) before 10am and we had it to ourselves. The whole point was to let her off the leash to go crazy in the surf as she, needless to say, LOVES water! Another good inland venue is the Ardales lakes - she simply adores it there and this was where she learnt to swim - below the Kiosko restaurante the water gently shelves into calm, clear water so it was easy for her little legs to manage :D .