Hope for horses?

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hope for horses?

Postby wagon ropes » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:26 pm

I have noticed recently that quite a few of the horses in this area have been provided with shelters whereas before they were mostly left tethered in the full heat of the sun. Even the guy who lives below us who gives his animals less respect than they could expect from a starving nomad has built a field shelter for his horses. I was surprised by this until I read an article in The olive Press this week.
Aparently a charity called CYD Santa Maria has successfully taken Coin Town Council, The Guardia Civil and the regional vets (OCA) to court for failing to provide proper care for the horses at the Coin horse fair. As a result this year the horses were much better looked after with water and shelter provided and I can't help wondering if this has been a knock-on effect in the rest of this part of the Guadalhorce.
I wonder if anyone else has seen an improvement in the lot of the animals near them?
Life is 'ard den you die!

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Re: Hope for horses?

Postby Julie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:47 pm

CYD has been featured every week for a while now on the animal programme on a saturday,
(could be Sunday) its on about 6.40 I think, on the Andulucia channel
I imagine that will of helped a lot, i'm pleased to say :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Jane and Terry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jane and Terry » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:04 pm

If you take a look at www.blue-horses.com you can find out more about them.

hazelpettit

Postby hazelpettit » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:12 pm

I’m a Volunteer and help at the CYD Santa Maria Rescue Centre not far from Alhaurin el Grande, should anyone wish to go on their site which is in English and Spanish it is www.cydanimals.com www.asociacioncydsantamaria.es
It is not just horses they are called out for they help all animals, but like most charities they are in need of money.
CYD Santa Maria is totally independent and does not work in conjunction with any other animal charity.

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:54 pm

The Coin horse fair - it's not the same as Sacabcoin - is it? Has anyone been to the Sacab show and is it worth travelling to?