I have to ask!

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

I have to ask!

Postby princess peach » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:27 pm

I know this is a long shot,but i have to ask,i cant not. :x

Approx 10 month old german shephard cross lady puppy was tied up and left outside some garages in La Linea.
The pup has been took to the RSPCA(Vets) in Gibraltar where she has a time limit of 2 weeks.If no one picks her up she will be destroyed.

If anyone is interested in giving this puppy a life,please either contact me,and i will give you contact details,or contact the vets yourself.
Thanks,Angie.xxx

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: I have to ask!

Postby Jool » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Any photos? There are so many dogs being abandoned right now, I so wish the police would prosecute, perhaps if there was a points bonus for them as there is with traffic tickets.......well thats one of my dreams for 2009 that the police stop laughing at the animal protection laws and start enforcing them and educating the public properly, english and spanish alike.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:19 pm

No,no pictures im afraid.
It was one of my friends who asked me to put it up on here,and i did ask if she had a pic of her. :(
The people that found it already have a dog,and took it straight to the vets as they couldnt keep it.
I knew it would be a long shot asking on here,but i couldnt not do anything.Poor dog.

Susi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Susi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:09 pm

I think I have this puppy´s brother!! We got him from the animal refuge in La Linea so maybe she could be taken there.
If she is related to our dog I am sure someone would take her. Ours has a fantastic nature and we love him to bits. If it wasn´t for the fact that my husband would have a fit I would take her.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Maybe they could be related Susi!
I have spoken to my friend today,who asked me to post the message and she has said,that although the person that found her already has a dog,he wouldnt see her put down,which is something.
Im sure if you sweet talked your hubby you could persuade him to have another :wink:
Two arent any more hassle than one,in fact they keep each other company and help stop any chewing. :D .

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:26 pm

This is a record and a first, I totally agree with PP! Let´s all sweet talk your husband Susi ...........he seems a lovely man, so kind to dogs, so generous............so understanding of your heart breaking over animals.........anyone else please join in for susi´s husband....if he ahs a fit we offer him a brandy!

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:56 pm

c´mon susi´s husband. Ppuurrleeaseee...peachy is right. 2 are company for each other and they demand less of your attention. since we got a second dog, they play for hours together. before that, our dog would follow us everywhere and sit on our laps all the time, and while this is lovely, it is soooo much better for them to have a playmate....and they may even be related.... :D

(is it working yet susi?) :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:05 pm

We have 2 dogs, I agree, 2 are so much better than one, they are real company for each other. I saw a small dog in the animal food suppliers today, he was lovely, a breed not to unlike a Chihuahua, can´t think of the breed.... he was lovely. Hubby said NO :cry: :cry:

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:36 pm

I agree I have mother and son dogs and they chase each other round and scrap all day long then curl up together to go to sleep it's lovely. Lets face it us humans lead busy lives and we don't always have the time to spend with our dogs that we would like (or our children for that matter :( ) so the stimulation of a second dog is really important :D

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Yes Susi, it would be much less work in lots of ways and they keep one another company...........is your hubby listening to us? :)

Susi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Susi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Thank you all for the emotional blackmail! :) However, I already have another aged dog (16 years old) and they don´t get on at all. So while she is still around I can not have another.

Have you tried the vets in Gib? They seem quite successful at rehoming dogs.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:40 pm

nevermind,it was worth a try. :wink:

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 pm

its allways worth a try, but you ladies don't half know how to put the thumb screws on,

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:33 am

I have been told there are pictures of the dog on facebook,under the heading "dog found in la linea" :? I have looked this morning and i cant find it.maybe someone else has better luck with looking.