FREE TO GOOD HOME - Staffy Cross

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Helen
Andalucia.com Amigo

FREE TO GOOD HOME - Staffy Cross

Postby Helen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:42 am

GENTLE, LOVING & GREAT WITH KIDS

We are looking to rehome our lovely 'Fozzy'. 4 yrs old, chipped with paperwork, beautiful markings. He makes the ideal companion or family dog. Owners moving back to UK and unfortunately, cannot take him with them. We will be extremely sad to see him go.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Helen
Last edited by Helen on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Re: FREE TO GOOD HOME - Staffy / Bull Mastiff

Postby princess peach » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:33 am

aww,do you have a pic?

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:39 pm

He sounds gorgeous, I wish I could have him. Why can't they take him with them?

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Helen - why can't you take him with you? Not judging you, simply asking? This reads like an ad for a piece of furniture. We are moving back after summer and have started the blood thing last Nov - just sorting that cat out now. I've been thinking I might need to rehome my setter and medium size dog as I'm not managing them very well and think they are bored - have lots of love but not a lot of walking I'm afraid. If I need to go down that route, then I'd rather do it in UK as feel all unstable here and chances are they would be looking for homes again in 2 or 3 years time. I can't do this to them as I love them too much.

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Whatever the reasons, the lady's trying to re-home him.
Changes.
It can't be easy.
Good luck!

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:15 pm

We all have changes in our lives - I came here with no dogs six years ago (got 3 now) and could easily have a lot more, so many sad stories here. BUT we owe it to our animals to get their bloods done as soon as we are aware of a problem, the money running short in the bank, not settling, elderly parents, health problems............. the list is endless. It's the first thing we should all do when we "accquire" an animal here is VET! I put it off myself each month but haven't left it too late as we can all return July/August hopefully. Changes yes - preparation no!

Andy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Andy1 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Perhaps he has no passport and the owners can't wait for it to be done? If that is the reason it would be worth investigating someone fostering it until the paperwork is done and if the reason was that they couldn't take it because of housing problems then I would, like Scot said, be tempted to take it back to the UK to find it a home. Am intrigued to see a pic, I have mental images of a Staffy on a step ladder to reach the Bull Mastiff :lol:

Helen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Helen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:30 pm

We can't take him with us because we are already taken our old dog and we're only going to be living in a small flat and it wouldn't be fair on him. He's lived in the campo all his life and we have a riverbed just below us at present which he loves to roam around in. My husband says he's more of a staffy than a bull mastiff...anyway, he's definitely a staffy cross something! If you go to www.friday-ad.es his photo is on there, under 'pets', 'dogs' - Gentle, loving and great with kids....

Regards

Helen

Scot
Resident

Re: FREE TO GOOD HOME - Staffy Cross

Postby Scot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:41 pm

As he is chipped and has a passport - you might be better trying to rehome him in UK or elsewhere. There seems to be more animals looking for homes here than anywhere else but I'll certainly ask around for you. Someone rehomed a big dog on here in the last few weeks so fingers crossed!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Who managed to re-home a large dog Scot? The problem here is worsening daily......

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 am

Jool it is under newfoundland puppy - when I last read the post it looked promising that a new home had been found. Just read it now and looks like maybe he hasn't been so lucky.

Dixie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dixie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:57 am

He was lucky scot...We decided the best place for him, was with us :)
To the world you are one person
To one person you are the world!

Dixie

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Lucky dog :D