another dog problem

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
metalmonkey
Resident

another dog problem

Postby metalmonkey » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi

we have had a dog arrive at our place...it's small well looked after, very friendly and not used to being outside at night. He or she is not a 'campo' dog but is obviously a pet, we've asked around put photos up etc to no avail. I am sorry to say but it looks like the poor thing has been left behind by brits...it responds o calls and commands in english. We are trying to find a home for him but I am so mad as this is the second time, last time spanish had left a young deaf hunting dog behind and in the end amid many tears we had to have him put down as the refuge said that there was no way someone would have him...it also cost us 80 euros in vet bills!!

I just wish that people who abandoned dogs would do the decent thing and have the guts to take then to the vet and put them down....sorry to oof load but I'm really fed up with this situation at the moment

If anyone wants to see a photo i can send one, he really is very sweet but my place is becoming a menagerie
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: another dog problem

Postby Jool » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:37 am

Have you checked with the vet to see if he has a microchip? If not then advertise him for re-homing at local vets or in spanish sites / bars restaurants etc as they often prefer smaller dogs....