Avena and Alfalfa

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
toffeeboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Avena and Alfalfa

Postby toffeeboy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 am

Hi,
Ive asked this before but Im going to try again. I am looking for supplier of small bales of avena hay and alfalfa. It doesnt matter where they are as long as they deliver to Cordoba province. Anyone who knows of any large suppliers please let me know.
Alan Parks
Author - Bloody Hell, What's An Alpaca? - An adventure in the Frying Pan of Spain

Jennifer
Resident

Re: Avena and Alfalfa

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I may be "teaching my grandmother to suck eggs" :angel: but here goes...

Are you looking to buy some right now? If so, don't bother - there won't be any of last year's crop left and this year's hasn't been harvested yet.

It seems to come in late April/early May and when you DO find some - buy your whole year's supply as it gets snapped up really quickly.

Hope you get some - one year I got maybe 8 bales of paja de avena before it all ran out. :sick: I then managed to get one HUGE bale of alfalfa from the local goat farm. He delivered it :thumbup:
Last edited by Jennifer on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toffeeboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby toffeeboy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:06 pm

I did manage to get 40 bales of alfalfa last year, but it wasnt enough. I do want to buy all in one go, just thought there may be people out there who knew suppliers.
Alan Parks
Author - Bloody Hell, What's An Alpaca? - An adventure in the Frying Pan of Spain

Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Fair enough.

Sadly my contacts won't help as I doubt they deliver that distance. One is in Alcala la Real, one is in Venta Valero, near Alcala la Real and the other is down near Granada.

Best of luck