Getting 5 cats back to UK

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Getting 5 cats back to UK

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:19 pm

wow 45€ '?? thats cheap !
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Will they ship people?may be cheaper and more comfortable then RA :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:47 pm

I would be interested to see an official link to anyone who could do it for that. It is also cheaper to fly pets out of the UK than to fly in because of the rabies restrictions. I have asked a neighbour who breeds cats and she doesn't know anyone that cheap.

pietree
Resident

Postby pietree » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Don´t take my word for it, Just ask any pedigree cat breeder, pretend that you want a kitten delivered, and ask how much and who they use.
Thats it for now

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:22 am

I don't believe you can ship/transport a cat or any other animal from the UK to Spain for 45 quid, not humanely anyway, where do you get your figures, can you give us a link ??
Ah! the full english!!

pietree
Resident

Postby pietree » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Retro P wrote:I don't believe you can ship/transport a cat or any other animal from the UK to Spain for 45 quid, not humanely anyway, where do you get your figures, can you give us a link ??
No links I´m afraid, wish I had, I cant even remember the companies name that they said it was. All I can tell you is I have several Pedigree cats and when purchasing the last one in Spain, I enquired to adds all over Europe and they all use this same company, Don´t expect to pay that from America, but I was emailing Eastern Europe and Germany and was told they use a special courier and it`s about €45.

I´ve only stated what I have been told, I have never used the service as I picked them up myself.

It´s only an idea, if it fails what have you lost?

Like I say best way to find out is send a few emails out or better still, phone pretending you`re interested in a kitten and pick their brains. It was only about January last year when I was told this info
Thats it for now

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 pm

pietree wrote:
Retro P wrote:
s name that they said it was. All I can tell you is I have several Pedigree cats and when purchasing the last one in Spain, I enquired to adds all over Europe and they all use this same company, ´t expect to pay that from America, but I was emailing Eastern Europe and Germany and was told they use a special courier and it`s about €45.

Everyone on here knows that the UK has special requirements regarding the movement of animals because of the threat of rabies.

Therefore these couriers will not transport a cat to UK for 45 euros under any circumstances. I have no doubt that they do within europe as rules are different.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

pietree
Resident

Postby pietree » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Well there is one way to actually find out isn´t there? :lol:

If you think my ideas a bad one, don´t try it, :lol:

However AFAIK
The requirements for shipping to the Uk must be met in the pet passport, Don´t expect any courier to pay that, each country has their own requirements.

Even within Europe some countries are stricter like the uk, not sure which now, but I think it was Germany or Slovakia and Croatia, anyway like I say not sure which ones it was now as they didn´t affect me. You should know this before you attempt to travel.

I am in my Eastern European home at the moment on vacation, with my cats, so I do have an idea about moving animals around Europe.

One difference in the British requirements are that they require a clear from rabies blood test carried out 6 months before travel, that is you can not travel until you have had the clear rabies test for 6 months.. You or the courier should have these documents and produce them at the ports.

Not having these documents will not put the price up, it will simply STOP entry.

Last time I came from the UK it was €15 per cat in my own vehicle with all documents up to date.
Thats it for now

yorks
Tourist

Postby yorks » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Did the cats get back to the UK OK, Failing that i have a new Ford Galaxy with air con returning back to the UK from Malaga begining of October, Loads of room for the owner too, Just a thought