yet another abandoned puppy

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
metalmonkey
Resident

yet another abandoned puppy

Postby metalmonkey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:33 pm

This morning there was a card board box left by the entrance to our donkey paddock. It couldn't have been there long and before I looked I knew what it would be....a puppy about 3 motnhs old healthy, clean well fed and the bas*&^% ds had the cheek to leave a carton of milk with it ??

this is the third time and it's waring thin as we end up paying for them to be injected fed rehomed and in some case put down...none of it cheap.
Anyone have any ideas how I can let my village know that we won't keep them.....

Donkeys are big wusses and very scared of the small box and wouldn't go near their water butt at the gate all day...that's another story

needed to let of steam arghhhhh
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

ValL
Resident

Re: yet another abandoned puppy

Postby ValL » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:49 am

I wish I had an answer for you. Yet again my lovely old spanish neighbour seems to be feeding/watering a stray and allowing it in his front garden overnight after his dogs are in for the night. He has a heart of gold but that is probably why he has about 7/8 little ones already. This one seems friendly enough but spends the night barking and keeps me ( and probably some other neighbours) awake I wish the guardia would do their job but here they just ignore any calls about abandoned dogs, hence we rescued our Scallywag a few years ago.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat May 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Go round all the bars asking for contributions to the cost of having it put down as you just cannot afford to keep any more (but please don´t do it really, find it another home a long way away where your village will not know).

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Fri May 07, 2010 11:19 pm

St B is now at a rescue place run by a friend of mine, she thinks she will be able to re home him and I will pay for the various medical stuff needed BUT it really gets to me that this will most likely cost around 100 euros that i haven't got but will somehow come up with. I have told my neighbours that the puppy has been put to sleep...are they bothered.....not a chance.
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat May 08, 2010 3:13 pm

No they won´t be bothered but tell them that next time you will follow the example and dump any animals dumped on you at their houses, they don´t care, and I know just how you feel, I have spent thousands, including hundreds on rescued dogs at times when we were struggling even to have beans on toast! But it shows you have a good souls and can sleep well at night knowing you have genuinely practised kindness as opposed to so many hypocritical christians who talk it but never do it.