Boxer dog needs a home- and this lovely Spaniel

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Boxer dog needs a home- and this lovely Spaniel

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:25 pm

I have been helping at a dog shelter in Marchena, east of Sevilla, off the A92. They have a lovely boxer dog needing a home. Anyone know of anyone who would like a boxer dog?

The photo isn´t too good as I took it over the stable door which was too high for me to see over so I aimed the camera and hoped for the best!
Last edited by oliveview01 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: Boxer dog needs a home- and this beautiful Spaniel

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Or how about this lovely Breton Spaniel, she is lovely- how can a dog like this be abandoned?

kexon
Resident

Re: Boxer dog needs a home- and this lovely Spaniel

Postby kexon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm

What a gorgeous Spaniel.I would take her on in a hearbeat but cant as we already have many dogs.What a shame.I hear all the rescue centres are overflowing with abandoned animals and i cant see the situation improving much given the present state of the economy.Hope she finds a good home soon.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:58 pm

There are some lovely dogs there, I would love the spaniel, but we do not have the space to run and play a spaniel would need sadly. There are a couple of smaller dogs, which I absolutely love, well, I love them all, but I have to be sensible, we have 2 dogs and 2 cats and 22 hens, enough for our space. There is a cross galgo and don´t know what pup, he is such a pet! there are 8 terrier type pups, what naughty children they are :lolno: :lolno: One knocked a chair off the step, don't know how he managed that, he howled as if it had hit him, it hadn´t, he was just scared, poor little thing was scared stiff, a cuddle soon put him right. Another pup loves water- his favourite trick is to dig and dig in the water bowl until all the water is out and then run off with the water bowl in his mouth :lolno: I want them all :crazy:

Technobear
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Technobear » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:58 pm

ive no idea how anyone can abandon any dog :cry: and these are so lovely too...\
(i really hope that kexon is wrong, and la crisis doesnt worsen the situation, but i fear she may be right)

unfortunately we are not yet ready to take another dog on (our temp village house is too small), perhaps later in the year we will rescue (assuming we dont take on one or more of the street dogs here ;)) , once we have moved into our 'new' cortijo.

but really, just wanted to say i think its great how you help out at the shelter, must make an enormous difference to the dogs lives, i know from even our dog, that small things make her so happy, so im sure these dogs must love any small moments they get with people like you. Its something id love to do (perhaps when i have more time), but i think id find difficult, as you say id just want to take them all home :)

keep up the great work, and will be in touch if/when im in a position to take on another dog,

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:12 pm

The boxer has gone to a home ´on trial´ it is only a small house, so the lady is giving him a trial period- sensible- so if it all works out he has been re-homed. :thumbup:

Our Spanish neighbour came along today and told me his cousin has a small dog he doesn´t want. I can have it for the refuge. I told him I just clean out, I can´t take in dogs, I will give him the phone number and they can ring to ask if he can go there. It isn´t financial- they just can´t be bothered- they have a massive plot too, so it isn´t space either.
Off for the hot afternoon shift soon, but at least the afternoon shift has less poo to clean up :thumbup: :thumbup: :lolno: :lolno: The pups sleep all afternoon :lol: :lol: There is a lot to be said for pups having a siesta!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Triple A in Marbella urgently needs volunteers and support if anyone lives in that area

http://www.diariosur.es/v/20120730/marb ... 20730.html

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:46 am

We had 3 new dogs at the refugio this evening- a lovely lab dog, a Mastin(?)/Alsation cross (he is a strong dog) and a young dog, looked a bit like it had Border Collie in it- They have other dogs being fostered until there is room at the refugio for them, so there is no room at the inn for the neighbours cousins dog.
There is a young b itch bought in last week, just a small dog, she is so nervous, if you just look at her she almost wets herself, she is so gorgeous, she would make a devoted pet I bet. I was sitting on the stairs with a small dog on my lap (another gorgeous dog) and the pups were all about me, how I wanted to just pick them all up and take them home with me :(

tt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Oliveview1
Can you tell me where in Marchena the refugio is please.
Thanks

TT

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm

tt wrote:Oliveview1
Can you tell me where in Marchena the refugio is please.
Thanks

TT

Hi TT,

I have pm´d you...... deleted the public instructions on advice from Gerry :thumbup:

Do you fancy a dog or to come along to pooper scoop?! :D

There are some beautiful dogs there, Apart from the big ones (mastin cross type) I could fall in love with them all.
Last edited by oliveview01 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi oliveview1
Please don't take this the wrong way.
It might not be a good idea to give directions on a public forum.
When I was involved with a refuge we never made the address public knowledge.
It's an open invitation for some people to dump their unwanted pets.
Even though ours was hard to find often found a dog tied to the gate, thrown over the fence etc.
Often we suspected it was the person who phoned the day before asking for directions as they wanted to adapt a dog. :thumbdown:
We got around this by insisting we met them and took them to the refuge. The "dog dumpers" usually made some excuse why they couldn't meet us.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Gerry you are so right, I will edit and then send a PM

I did wonder if I was right to do that (post the directions that is)

The original pup and his Mum that we found (that led us to finding the refuge) has died- he was an albino- so I guess that was why he was abandoned- he was so cute, and fat!

I guess him dying was for the best, managing an albino dog in this hot climate with his risk of cancer was high. Still, something good has come out of finding him, we learned about the Refugio and his Mum got a happy home, just a couple of weeks or so later, and I get to clean up puppy poo a few hours a week :thumbup: :thumbup:

Off to edit! :wave: