Urgent Dog Crisis in Competa

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Marina
Resident

Urgent Dog Crisis in Competa

Postby Marina » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:23 am

I'm re posting an appeal that has gone out for urgent homes for dogs. This could be either on a permanent or temporary basis.

Seventeen healthy dogs have already been destroyed. Can anyone please help save the others?

We are desperately trying to rehome dozens of perfectly healthy dogs
currently in a makeshift refuge in Competa to save them from being taken to
the pound by the local authorities and put to sleep on Monday 15th October.
Can you help to rehome a dog or foster one until we can find a permanent
home?
You need to act now if you want to save one of these dogs.
Please call Nina on 660586040 to arrange to view the dogs in Competa.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: Urgent Dog Crisis in Competa

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:34 pm

How did it go Marina? I hope you found homes for the dogs.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 pm

I haven't heard what happened. I'm hoping to find out on Friday. I just hope they didn't have to destroy anymore.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 am

Good news!

" As most of you will know by now a huge rescue operation of dogs from a makeshift shelter near Competa was carried out on Sunday. It all started with an appeal I posted on Digame for people to either adopt or foster. I had lots of replies and 12 dogs were placed. I want to thank all of you who responded to my appeal. Fortunately Action for Animals became involved as well and through their website many more homes were found and some also other shelters offered to take dogs. All but one dog have now been rehomed or safely placed in a refuge. The only dog left is Sweep, who cleverly hid during the mass rescue operation and then reappeared later. He is a medium size black gentle male. If you can adopt or foster him ring me and I will show you where he is, still at the original shelter."

I have the number if anyone is interested and can help.

Also

APARIV are also trying to re-home a gorgeous Papillon called Archie. See the following message...

" I volunteer with APARIV Dog Refuge and have been fostering this cute little fellow until he finds a permanent home.I am due to go back to the USA in November and he is still without a permanent home. .He is a 2 year old, male Papillon, house trained, walks on a lead, very intelligent, playful, well-behaved and seems to get along with other dogs. Although he is long haired , he does not seem to shed very much. He is a real delight!"

If you would like to see a photo of Archie, let me have your email address and I will forward you the original message with the photo.