First trip with our small dogs

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Daisymay
Andalucia.com Amigo

First trip with our small dogs

Postby Daisymay » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:46 pm

We are bringing our dogs with us next May and just need a bit of advice on the procedure, I know I have to arrange passports jabs for rabies and Lesh etc but how does it all work re getting off the ship in Santander do the dogs get checked ? And when we return to board the ship we will be coming from Galera when and where do people get the worm & tick treatment and I think the time frame has changed. I will look it all up but would love the benefit of your advice please.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: First trip with our small dogs

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi Daisymay,
"but how does it all work re getting off the ship in Santander do the dogs get checked "
You vehicle will have a yellow Pets sticker on the windscreen, They may do random searches at Santander, last time through they had a new X-Ray machine so interested in small over night type bags/rucksacks.

Dogs not checked........dogs not checked into Spain on any trips so far.

N.B.

Coming back is a different matter........" Has the tapeworm treatment been done more than 24 but less than 120 hours before scheduled arrival time in the UK?."

" coming from Galera when and where do people get the worm & tick treatment "

You can use your local Vet for the Tapeworm treatment if your return trip is within the time frame.

The Pets Passport are thoroughly checked and dogs scanned for microchip.
I been in the sin bin (Vets in Santander) twice with Pets Passports that had been through the system before......... :oops:

Hence making sure the entries in the Pets Passport are correct. Get some else to check them as well.

Full dates , Vets Stamps and signed and treatments registered.

The Brittany-Ferries check list.........

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/infor ... -checklist

You will need muzzles for the dogs as they travel up in the lift to the Dog deck.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Daisymay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi Enrique, thanks for the pointers not sure how I would cope without your help, thank you

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi Daisymay,
You may get your wrist slapped by the Mods for Quoting all of my post........... :(

Your trip will be straight forward....everything just slips into place............. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Daisymay, no slap and your actual post is intact but the quoting of Enrique's post immediately prior to yours has been removed. Please only quote posts further back in the thread or selectively quote from the previous post only if necessary for clarification purposes.
Let's go Brandon!