Katy Cat, the coolest cat in Andalucia, needs a new home

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Elliemj
Tourist

Katy Cat, the coolest cat in Andalucia, needs a new home

Postby Elliemj » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm

I do really hope this is ok to post here, please let me know if not.

Katy is free to a good home, and we'll do anything possible to make her journey smooth, so hoping someone is looking for a lovely cat. We're close to La Herradura.

photos of Katy:

Further information:

Katy is affectionately and ironically know in our house as the 'naughty rat', but she's actually the easiest, cleanest, most well behaved and fun cat we've ever had.

She's had her vaccinations, + been spayed, she's housetrained, healthy and hardy. Katy was a rescue cat, but is now very keen on curling up next to you and being tickled with her paws in the air. She may be a little shy with you at first, but don't be fooled, if you have munchies, she is your new best friend (floozy!).

Katy is about 1 1/2 years old, petite, sleek, and with gorgeous spots and stripes. She's quite vocal and has a pretty meow. She likes to meow to announce her presence as she walks into a room or if you're talking to her. She's rewarding, and also happens to be a phenomenal mouser.

Katy is a multilingual cat, speaking Spanish and English with a PhD in knowing when it's dinner time.

She's ok around kids though won't get very close, until she knows them. She's also a bit scared of others cats and dogs at the time being, though she has been known to get braver and come and say hello.

We're broken hearted at giving Katy but have to move to accommodation where we can't take her.

Katy comes with a carry box, some food, and a bowl. We'd really love Katy to go from her home here to another home where she's loved. We'd prefer an owner who can drop us an email just to let us know she's settled in ok.

Katy is free to a good home.

# 1 1/2 yrs old
# Vaccinations + spayed
# House Trained
# Fiercely Intelligent and good looking

We're happy to email any potential owners with more info/photos, or they can call us on 603605958. My email is [email protected].

Our car is the garage being fixed right now, but when it's done we can bring Katy wherever and drop her off.

Or, people can come and see/pick up Katy here, we can give directions.

We'd love to get her settled asap really, I know it's weighing on both our minds that she needs to be with a loving family who can enjoy her longterm,

Gasman
Resident

Re: Katy Cat, the coolest cat in Andalucia, needs a new home

Postby Gasman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:29 pm

That is a sorry tale of a cat - she is lovely. Sorry though, we have three cat-chasing big dogs so cannot offer anything. Good Luck and perhaps someone will come along to give a good home to her. Perhaps El Cid knows of someone in your area that would love such a cute cat.

Elliemj
Tourist

Postby Elliemj » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi Elliemj,
Do it the Spanish way........pop over to Sid's place , leave cat in basket outside..........Sid's a big softy really so all will be well..................... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:33 pm

It wouldn't be the first time that has happened!

I would love this one, but I have been overruled! Some nonsense about she will outlive us.

I have copied the thread to a friend up the road who seems to have more cats than I can count!

Fingers crossed.

Sid

Elliemj
Tourist

Postby Elliemj » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Aw, El Cid, thanks for passing the message on! She's curled up here on my feet completely unaware of her fame xx

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Have you contacted the rescue charities such as costa animal society. axarquia animal rescue etc.they vould help with rehoming

Elliemj
Tourist

Postby Elliemj » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks elusive, I had tried costa, but hadn't heard of axarquia, have sent off an advert x

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Oh that is a shame, my worries would be the same as Sid´s. my other cat is 12 so would look for another cat of the same age. Hope she finds a loving home though. What a shame to have to give her up. I would find that very very hard.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Can you not find another house or flat where you can take her with you or are you returning to the UK if so could you not get a pet passport. You are going to find it very difficult to find her a home there are 100s out there looking for a home and the sanctuaries are full to the brim and ex pats are also full up. I would be heart broken myself to give a pet up :?
Last edited by patricia on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Elliemj wrote:Aw, El Cid, thanks for passing the message on! She's curled up here on my feet completely unaware of her fame xx
Sorry, the answer was no.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:36 pm

patricia wrote:Can you not find another house or flat where you can take her with you or are you returning to the UK if so could you not get a pet passport. You are going to find it very difficult to find her a home there are 100s out there looking for a home and the sanctuaries are full to the brim and ex pats are also full up. I would be heart broken myself to give a pet up :?
It should be easy to get away with having a cat in rental accommodation in Spain. Most Landlords are absentee and neighbours either won't know or don't know the arrangement to report you. I have a friend on the CDS who rents and she just takes her dog without asking. Similar in the UK.

There are a lot of things to think about when adopting a pet, even as Cid says, will it outlive you :(

BTW she is a lovely cat.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 pm

I agree with Katy - nobody will object to an indoor cat. Half a dozen barking Dobermans might be different!

Take her with you. If, in the very unlikely event that you have a problem, then that's at the time to think about homing her - not now.

Sid

Elliemj
Tourist

Postby Elliemj » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks everyone - to let you know, we were very lucky to found a good home for Katy last night. Phew!