Dog mess rules - Ronda area

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Dog mess rules - Ronda area

Postby olive » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Saw something on olivepress the other day saying dog owners could be fined for not having a dog poo bag or a bottle of water.

I think most responsible pet owners carry a bag. What is the bottle for? Are you expected to wash away dog urine? Are these general rules in Andalusia.?

On a separate note. We went to a Chiringuito in Marbesa and the parking assistant was very insistent that we lowered the parked car windows more if we were leaving the dog inside despite shading. We were only doing it for a few minutes while checked we could get a table and leave the dog nearby in shade. We reached an accommodation which was just about satisfactory. Good that the parking assistant was reminding folk though.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dog mess rules - Ronda area

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:24 pm

olive wrote:. What is the bottle for? Are you expected to wash away dog urine? Are these general rules in Andalusia.?
Don't know whether or not it a rule but noticed a woman, in Torre del mar, with a bottle washing down the area that her dog had just urinated on.
I believe that if you add vinegar to the water then in masks/kills the smell of dog urine.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:56 am

its a bylaw in Ronda. Should be law everywhere.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Dogs shouldn't be allowed to urinate on pavements unless owners swill the stuff down. Why the hell dogs are allowed to urinate on pavements and humans aren't is mystifying - same rancid smell IMHO, and health risk. Hose the stuff down. Here in Frigi it's eyes down, eyes up when walking because 50% of (mainly Spanish) owners don't bag the poops either. And as for polluting beaches where kids play.

I understand people love their dogs. Please understand why some of us don't like their excretions.

Weescottie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Weescottie » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:33 am

I see Frigiliana town hall now require dog pee to be washed away. As far as I can see, I’m one of the few complying? Here’s hoping it will improve matters.

Weescottie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Weescottie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:25 pm

What are the rules on dogs in public places on the lead. Despite dogs being on leads in a small local square and me religiously Being busy with poo bags and water bottle just been harangued by a Spanish neighbour. They’re small, quiet and well behaved. Guess she’s not a dog lover!