Driving restrictions

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Driving restrictions

Postby Lyric » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:58 am

I know vets are open. Does the team think I am legal under the current restrictions taking the dog to the vet. It's not an emergency but is necessary we feel, his vaccinations expire on Sunday. We have an appointment.
Thing is it's a 15 minute drive, We live in the campo near Torrox and the vet is in Torre del Mar.

Opinions gratefully received.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Driving restrictions

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:17 am

I would ring the vet. They will advise on the law and how it is being applied locally. Given that you will be only going out for dog walking within 50 metres of your home, the risks of infection are reduced from normal.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:29 am

Interesting question.
Our dog needs regular blood tests to adjust his medication.
Probably wouldn't be life-threatening if he didn't have his medication but his quality of life, he wouldn't be able to walk, would be compromised.
Hopefully, you could drive to a vet with your pet in an emergency, possibly life-threatening, situation.
I'm pretty sure that if we phoned our vet, as peteroldracer suggested, she would say it's OK even if it wasn't.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:28 pm

A friend has two of their animals needing regular check ups/blood tests and he has been to the vets a few times since lockdown started. When he took both animals he had to wait in the car and they came and took in one at a time. He was at the vets yesterday (the Caleta one) so I would phone first to see what they say, but it doesn't seem to be an issue in some places.