Dog breeding "farms"

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Dog breeding "farms"

Postby katy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:56 pm

Just driving out of our gate and a man was passing, he had a dog in a push chair, on the side it said dog transport. Being nosey we got chatting. It is a tiny "pedigree" cockapoodle (whatever). It was a rescue dog from a puppy farm raided at a travellers site and was the main stud. Was in a dreadful condition when he adopted it. looks great now but....he won't walk even though tested and nothing wrong with it's legs, just that it was in a small pen and never been out :cry: Physiological. Hopefully it may in time.

Remember Guys....always get a rescue dog.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dog breeding "farms"

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:38 pm

I wish people would Katy, but there's just too many 'fashionable' hounds out there nowadays. So many so-called celebrities have them and their followers follow like sheep. My friend has just got a Jackapoo from a proper breeder, but I wish they'd saved their money and given a rescue dog a home. There's a programme on Ch4 about Wood Green Animal Shelter (The Dog House) and they often have proper breeds, not just mongrels. I got a few cats from there when we lived in the UK including a pure bred Foreign Lilac (like a Siamese with a grey-'blue' coloured coat).

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:57 pm

Just wait until Apple announce their new product - the iDog. Bred in China - millions will be ordered on the first day. :lolno:

Sid

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:55 pm

Unless they eat them first :-(
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:14 am

Stop making me laugh :lol:

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:17 am

chrissiehope wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:55 pm Unless they eat them first :-(
Reminds me of Prince Philip’s infamous quote: “if it has 4 legs and isn’t a chair, if it has wings and isn’t a plane, if it comes from the sea and isn’t a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it!” RIP.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:10 am

Why can't people just home a stray dog or cat. What the hell does it matter what breed it is. They are all lovely. Breaks my heart of know that many dogs are put to sleep because there isnt room in the kennels they are taken too.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:31 pm

Agree Patrica. Lots of poodle doodles around here. Many poor things arriving from Eastern Europe in a bad state although the English breeders are no better.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:26 pm

Lots of lockdown dogs available, owners saying " due to unforseen circumstances"

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:13 pm

Theres been lots of documentries on spanish tv about seprona going into basements and farms / dirty old shed.. and finding hundreds of dogs in deplorable conditions etc. its very sad.

We adopted two young strays, they had been picked up and taken to a vet, but being that they had been living on the street they were terrified of water and brooms... (spain, surprise surprise.) one has passed away now, but the other, after 6 years has only just stopped jumping when we sweep the floor. Its very sad, having grown up with animals who we have had since they were puppies, and you could do anything with.

If you are going to adopt, be aware that there will be issues.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.