Spanish Water Dog

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Evaready
Andalucia.com Amigo

Spanish Water Dog

Postby Evaready » Wed May 11, 2022 9:34 am

We recently lost our beloved Spanish Water Dog at the age of 14. We are looking for an SWD companion for our remaining male SWD who is 10. We are looking at puppies from established breeders, but we feel that a slightly more mature bitch (under 5) might be a better fit for him. We cannot visit the various dog rescue centres in Andalusia because we now live in Catalunya and in any event, would prefer a dog from a breeder (not puppy farm) or family. Ideally we are looking for a black bitch. If anyone hears of anyone who is, perhaps, leaving the country and not taking their SWD with them or cannot cope with one (they are a bit of a handful), can you please PM me. Many thanks. I know this is a long short, but thought I would try. We live in the country and have a big, fenced garden, with lots of nearby walks and a pool for the dogs to swim in!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spanish Water Dog

Postby chrissiehope » Wed May 11, 2022 11:47 am

Sorry to hear about your doggie - I do remember what a handful he could be !!
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spanish Water Dog

Postby katy » Wed May 11, 2022 11:35 pm

Is there are difference between a puppy farm and a breeder. Both in it for profit. There are some love,y rescue dogs awaiting homes