Water Leak coming from empty bank repossessed house next door

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Bkm1811

Water Leak coming from empty bank repossessed house next door

Postby Bkm1811 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:33 am

Not sure if anyone has experienced similar issues. We have a damp issue stemming from the adjoining house next door in that the entire ground floor of our home down one side has damp rising to almost ceiling level. We have had various tests carried out on our own property and floors excavated so the leak has been ruled out from our property.

The adjoining house next door would appear to be a bank repossession as a metal screen has been placed across the front door and all fixtures and fittings removed.

Our lawyer has tried to no avail to find the legal owners to no avail. No-one seems to have transferred the title deeds. We are now at a loss as to how to gain access to the property as it is not currently marketed online, meanwhile our house is getting more damp.

Our insurance company have sent assessors out but as we cannot gain access to the property next door we’ve reached a dead end.

Has anyone else had any similar experience?

Many Thanks

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Water Leak coming from empty bank repossessed house next door

Postby Enrique » Wed May 11, 2022 2:21 pm

Hi Bkm1811,

Welcome to The Forum............ :D

Have you or your Lawyer made a denuncia a ayuntamiento.......... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Bkm1811

Postby Bkm1811 » Wed May 11, 2022 3:30 pm

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for your response.

Not that I’m aware of, I think they’ve been doing the rounds with land registry to try and ascertain who holds the title deeds of the property. Other than ascertaining it is possibly Banco Santander we’ve got no further. No agent is actively marketing the property for sale currently and Banco Santander seem impossible to get hold off.

As the property is on a resort (Desert Springs) would a ‘denuncia a ayuntamiento’ still be worthwhile?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed May 11, 2022 4:47 pm

Hi Bkm1811,

You need to explore all avenues .......

Is there a Management committee.........do you pay a Service Charge.

"would a ‘denuncia a ayuntamiento’ still be worthwhile?" ...........you don't know until you put one in.

Depending on how unpopular you want to be........... Look on Facebook for any references to the "Resort" , Estate Agents trying to sell a property on there and then put up appropriate comments.......or if you definitely have the Bank that owns it on the Banks Facebook site.........

We had a problem with a Bank on going for nine months by email/phone calls no response.... went on their Facebook page on a Saturday and it was sorted by the following Monday. ............ Companies don't like problems exposed on mass media..........

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri May 13, 2022 3:23 pm

Agree with Enrique. try a Denuncia on health and safety issues. Also if their is a Management Committee they should know which bank as they have to pay the service charges.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon May 16, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi Bkm1811,
I've sent you a Private Message (PM)...........

To read it Login and goto to Private Message Tab.