just out of interest what do you guys think of this

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
frog
Resident

just out of interest what do you guys think of this

Postby frog » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:05 am

the bar where my wife works(she is employed without contract)the owners have run it for 8 years ,they have in that time never payed any tax,vat or ss for themselves,how the hell do they get away with it?

they dont have an accountant,they pay rent on their property to an english and spanish owner(2locals),if a delivery comes in the invoice goes in the bin,they have no records,no till rolls etc everything is cash in hand,how long can they keep going before the spanish tax office gets hold of them,it seems strange that in a civilised country you can get away with this for so long
jayne countys most famous song,google it

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: just out of interest what do you guys think of this

Postby julian » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:23 am

as long as your wife is playing the same game it will probably go on !!!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:33 am

I'm sure if they want to sell up that some well kept accounts etc will "appear" :wink:

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:21 am

I think I'd be rehearsing an exit plan .
It takes a smart man to know when to start a business and an even smarter one to know when to get out.
You know what the situation is,your wife knows,God knows who else knows?
It'd only take a "friend" with a grudge to upset the paella.
As inefficient as the Spanish undoubtedly are,there will be a day of reckoning.
Exit stage left.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:29 pm

the bar where my wife works(she is employed without contract)the owners have run it for 8 years ,they have in that time never payed any tax,vat or ss for themselves,how the hell do they get away with it?
Your wife doesn't have a contract. Does she declare her earnings and pay tax? If so, they'll NOT get away with it. If she doesn't declare it and doesn't pay tax, that's why they get away with it.

If she doesn't declare it and doesn't pay tax, how does SHE get away with it?

This happens here (Frigiliana) too frog. The trouble arises when somebody is made redundant. if they're not on the books, there's no comeback.
Dave

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:11 am

the problem is mowser,they are good friends of ours so our hands are tied,i just wonder what the tax office are up to as it is kind of obvious here on the coast and now the building has stopped i thought they may hit the bars more

even when she has had a contract in previous jobs,they have been 10 hour ones even tho she worked 30 hours a week

hillbilly,i know they have no accounts what so ever and dont have the brains to whistle some up,and you are right nimrod,a lot of jealosy in the pub trade especially from the ones whose dream lasts 6 months

atm i guess we go with julian

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:38 am

Room for one more?

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:01 am

depends if your a bird or a bloke kc,just out of interest is your middle internet name fred?

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:41 pm

frog wrote:the problem is mowser,they are good friends of ours so our hands are tied,i just wonder what the tax office are up to as it is kind of obvious here on the coast and now the building has stopped i thought they may hit the bars more
That would involve getting out of the office and doing some leg work. As long as they're not in the system, no one knows and no one gives a toss. When we had a bar in Mallorca, we were squeaky clean; bloke next door had no licence, illegal staff, no fire extinguishers, paid no taxes etc. etc. He was totally invisible to the authorities. Who got the constant inspections?
i know they have no accounts what so ever and dont have the brains to whistle some up
I hope these "good friends" don't browse the A.com message boards!!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.