Water canal/driveway

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Water canal/driveway

Postby DavidSearl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:56 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

IN MY CAPACITY AS MODERATOR

Hey, guys, the discussion about who is polite and whether Spaniards hate foreigners and who should be slammed with a spade does not really belong on the You and the Law website. Perhaps you could take it to Living in Spain, or the parking lot. Please.

Thank you, David Searl
You and the Law in Spain

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Fair comment, and sorry if I've offended :oops: :oops:
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:37 am

frank wrote:"we will always be extrajaneros and covertly treated with contempt"
¿extrajaneros? :wink: Well, you did say it was your wife that spoke the Spanish! :thumbup:
I have to say it´s not hard to see why TT seems to be falling out with her neighbours, she comes across as ever so slightly superior, slightly confrontational. The only good news is she won´t be heading my way! :lolno: Interesting to read that so many seem to have fallen out of love with the Spanish, previously all we used to read was how well everyone seemed to get on with their Spanish neighbours.
My english grammar is not great and, as you politely and humorously pointed out my spanish is even worse, but i'm sure you got the gist!

My wife is always telling me to "be quiet and let me deal with this" when in Spain that is, the other statement is along the lines of "do you have any money with you" :lol:
Ah! the full english!!

TinaTapas
Resident

Postby TinaTapas » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Just checked back here after many months

Thanks David, I will indeed let you know what happens. We've been in the UK for the last few months and apparently there's been a change of personnel as far as the Boss Of The Acequias (BOTA)
is concerned - no further problems and as long as we can use our one and only entrance/exit to our property I've no wish to make waves.

I've even bought a flexible rod to help him out!

Thanks to the rest of you (well almost all of you) for your constructive replies and ideas :clap: