Andalucia Hunting Law

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
dee50
Tourist

Andalucia Hunting Law

Postby dee50 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Now that you have finished distributing the sweets to the local inhabitants and their offspring, could one of you wise people in the know, advise me on which Andalucian Hunting Law is currently in use. I have a copy of the Ley 8/2003, de 28 de octubre, de la flora y la fauna silvestres. Which appears to have been amended by, DECRETO 182/2005, DE 26 DE JULIO, POR EL QUE SE APRUEBA EL REGLAMENTO DE ORDENACIÓN DE LA CAZA. As Spanish laws get ammended every couple of years as someone thinks of something they forgot last time I assumed that there would probably be a follow up to the last decreto, at least by now, I have searched about but I can not find anything, that may be because the amendment has neither the words "fauna, silvestre or caza" in the title. On a serious note, if someone could guide me in this it would be greatly appreciated as I would like to bring to an end the weekly duck shoot whereby my family, my home and my pets are the targets, I have buried enough of my pets now and would like to bring it to an end, and NO the Guardia Civil have not helped, I live in rural Spain where men with guns do what ever they want, with absolutely no regard or consideration for the rights of other people!

annfoto
Resident

Re: Andalucia Hunting Law

Postby annfoto » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Are you saying that they are actually shooting at you, your house and your pets on your land? They should not be shooting within 100m of your house, there are normally red signs on top of a piece of rebar on any track near houses which prohibit shooting from there.

Getting hunting banned, whilst it would be nice, is a bit of a pipe dream for now I think.
Ann

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:47 pm

have you made an official , written denuncia to the guardia civil ?

Bowler
Resident

Postby Bowler » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:53 pm

I may stand rebuked but I have enough experience of forums to know when someone is scamming the above poster has way too much knowledge to be asking questions, I think this is a wind up and probably best left alone, ie, ignore it .
Or maybe it's one of them trolls seeking attention ?

do'es anyone think I'm wrong ?

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 pm

I imagine he has a lot of knowledge because it is such a problem to him, and he has therefore done a lot of homework.
So yes I guess I am saying that I think you are wrong Bowler.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 am

Have you spoken to Seprona, the relevant division of the Guardia Civil for this kind of issue? Take photos of hunters with guns close to your land, gather as much irrefutable evidence as you can, get your vet to confirm the animals were shot and keep any shot cases you find etc.......

Good luck

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Have a look at

http://www.granada.org/inet/wordenanz.n ... enDocument

Although it is a Granada page, it has some amendments to the law you were talking about specifically for Andalucia
I can spell but I can't type

dee50
Tourist

Postby dee50 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Thank you again everyone. And no Bowler I am not a scammer. I have video footage, hours of it, taken over the last 6 yrs. I have made ten written denucias. I presented SEPRONA with a DVD of the footage. I have a copy of the x-ray showing 2 broken ribs that I received when a hunter slammed the butt of his shotgun into my ribs because I was refusing to let him and his companion continue across my land. After this incident, the Guardia turned up 3 hours later and quite simply stated that Hunters can go where they want and unless I could give them the names of the 2 men they would not be able to do anything. Since then I have not bothered with the Law, instead, I go out into the Olives with my High Visibility vest on and hand out copies of the Law to the men with guns who, in return, advise me of where they would like to shove their copy of the law. There are no signs posted on our track, only the ones I have put there, which after each weekend I have to put back up.

The Decreto 2005, States, There is a security zone of 250 metres around any occupied house, unless the house is deemed to be isolated when the zone becomes 100 metres. My house is not isolated. Additionally. A weapon should be unloaded when entering a secuirty zone, a weapon should not be fired within the zone and not in the direction of the zone from outside of the zone. The reason I posted here was to try and find out if there had been any changes made to the Law as my next move is to send a copy of the DVD to the Junta and ask how is it possible that a residential area is designated as a hunting area. This after all is the real problem!!!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:31 pm

make a denuncia direct to the court, not via the guardia civil if they are not doing anything to help you, here they are very helpful against hunting in no-hunting areas.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:40 am

If you haven't already, you should apply to the local council for hunting restrictions to be limited to the occupier of the land only. These are the square black/white signs ( coto de caza ) which are put up around the boundary to your land . At least one of them is marked with a stamped number indicating that it is a illegal to hunt within the boundarys of the markers & is restricted to the owner & friends only. If you have picked up empty shell casings/shotgun cartridges, you should keep these as evidence+ they will have fingerprints on them which can be traced via national identity card data-base. In addition it's an offence to leave empty casings/ cartridges on the ground, they have to be picked up.
Personally , if I'd put up with all that I'd have got myself a shotgun licence & when they started firing across & around my property , I'd be firing right back above & around them !
Todos somos Lorca.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:43 am

julian wrote:make a denuncia direct to the court, not via the guardia civil if they are not doing anything to help you, here they are very helpful against hunting in no-hunting areas.
You make it direct to a Juez de paz ( justice of the peace ) don't you ?
Todos somos Lorca.

Bowler
Resident

Postby Bowler » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 pm

DEE50, sorry to have doubted you, this must be a nightmare for you, but it's not uncommon, the same thing happens in Provence, France, these guys just turn up and start shooting, there must be something you can do, what about getting a gun licence and shooting back? seriously if they can flout the law why can't you ??
I was in the Grasse region of France years ago in November attending a wedding when a load of hunters turned up, turned their dogs loose and started hunting wild boar it was scary. luckily the local Mayor was also attending and gave them their marching orders but it is really out of order.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Get a gun and shoot it out with the hunters :wtf: Great solution. Thought people moved to Spain for "the laid back lifestyle", remember :lol:

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:45 am

katy wrote:Get a gun and shoot it out with the hunters :wtf: Great solution. Thought people moved to Spain for "the laid back lifestyle", remember :lol:
For some it could be ! Vent all those frustrations , could have a "duck shoot" of all the dodgy builders, lawyers, mayors, sales agents. Hmmm , this is sounding quite good . :lol:
Todos somos Lorca.

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Dee

Have you considered fencing off your land? If it's too big to do it all, could you not fence off 4 or 5 thousand meters arround your house to give you and your pets a reasonably safe area?
Ann

dee50
Tourist

Postby dee50 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks for your suggestions and support, I have found out what I needed and that is, that there has been no ammendment made to the sections of the law that refer to the zona de seguridad, that remains the same, 250 metres. That, in theory provides you with 196,349sqm of protected area. Thank you to janda_grant2 for the link, that information was very helpfull, the new requirements for signage may well be usefull provided someone puts them up. I have been tempted to shoot back, however, it is a god given that if I did, I would be the one arrested and locked up.

It is a pity I am not rich, otherwise I would sue the Junta for Reckless Endangerment, although I have read somewhere that they passed a law whereby they could not be held responsible for anything so ergo they can not be sued, afterall, this problem only exists because of their stupidity, had they not classified land in a residential area as Hunting land we would not have this problem and further research has revealed that mine is not an isolated case, the problem exists nationwide!!!