How long for speed camera fine from different region?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

How long for speed camera fine from different region?

Postby Jool » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a speeding ticket / fine if you think you may have been flashed by a camera in a different Region of Spain (ie not Andalucia) please?

Alternatively how long does it take to show on buscamultas if one was issued and it is unpaid?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: How long for speed camera fine from different region?

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Buscamultas takes its information from the various provincial bulletins and it can take several months to appear. Certainly a lot longer than the time scale for responding to the initial request for the identity of the driver or for getting a discount on the fine.

As has been discussed previously, the only certain way of getting a notification on time is by subscribing to the DEV (Dirección Electrónica Vial) by means of a digital certificate or electronic signature in order to receive notifications by email and/or SMS.

You could also check TESTRA (Tablón Edictal de Sanciones de Tráfico)

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/sede/faces/pagi ... ndex.xhtml

for which a digital certificate is not required but this isn't foolproof either.
Let's go Brandon!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Thank you - nothing shows on there. Getting a digital certificate does not seem easy here, in this area we have to go in person to Hacienda......

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:00 pm

We had one recently in Tarragona, for 100 euros reduced to 50 if we paid within 3 weeks.. It came 2 weeks after the offence by registered post..

eveyon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby eveyon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:02 am

My Daughter has juist e mailed me from England to say that she has just received a speeding fine for when she was over here in May. She hired the car from Malaga Airport and thinks that at the time of the offence she was still in England. Any ideas on how she can sort this out as obviously the fine is in spanish.She does not have a copy of her flight details. She flew from Birmingham to Malaga with Ryanair and I think that they only fly late afternoon and she would not have been here at the time of the offence.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:19 am

Jool wrote:Thank you - nothing shows on there. Getting a digital certificate does not seem easy here, in this area we have to go in person to Hacienda......
You should be able to get it certified at a number of offices including any office of the Junta or the town hall.

If you go to this page you can get a list of your local offices

http://callejero.telefonica.es/PuntosCe ... lient=fnmt

Sid

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:30 pm

eveyon wrote:My Daughter has juist e mailed me from England to say that she has just received a speeding fine for when she was over here in May. She hired the car from Malaga Airport and thinks that at the time of the offence she was still in England. Any ideas on how she can sort this out as obviously the fine is in spanish.She does not have a copy of her flight details. She flew from Birmingham to Malaga with Ryanair and I think that they only fly late afternoon and she would not have been here at the time of the offence.
If she had hired a car and was using a UK driving licence, then it is the hire company that has sent the fine on to her. The time the rental started would be on the hire contract - does she still have a copy? It is the hire company that will have checked the time of the offence and charged it to your daughter based on the time the rental started.
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 pm

eveyon

Just wondering if she kept a copy of the email from Ryanair confirming her booking. That would show her flght times. Or did she delete it after travelling?
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!