Cancelling Sanitas ??

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

Cancelling Sanitas ??

Postby Jool » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Does anyone know how you can ensure you cancel your policy with Sanitas? I phoned them today to cancel mine as the premium will increase to over 100 euros and is just not affordable, especially as I am entitled to NHS care here. They told me to e-mail them, which I have done, but is that all I need to do? Is one month´s notice enough? I cannot find any information on it, unsurprisingly as they will not want to help you to de-list I don´t suppose.

I assume I will need to cancel the direct debit with my bank too?

Can anyone recommend any other health insurers, or even those who will cover just specified illnesses such as cancer or such like please?

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cancelling Sanitas ??

Postby Mowser » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Cancel the direct debit with the bank.
Dave

jayce
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jayce » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Never easy to cancel things here. I think I would follow up the e mail with a letter, certificado..registered post, and cancel the direct debit. You may get a response reducing your premium.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:12 am

Since 2004 I have cancelled Sanitas, Mapfre & Caser. I emailed the companies and informed the bank to cancel the DD. So far there have been no problems.
Dave

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:34 am

Thanks to both of you - Mowser did you get a confirmation response to your e-mails?

There is no address for Sanitas on the letter so I don´t know where I would need to send a follow up letteranyway!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 am

Jool
I emailed, phoned and wrote a letter to the Malaga branch. Confirmation came in the post and by email.
I'm now about to cancel Prevision medical as we now both receive free health care due to our age.
Dave

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Jool wrote:Does anyone know how you can ensure you cancel your policy with Sanitas? I phoned them today to cancel mine as the premium will increase to over 100 euros and is just not affordable, especially as I am entitled to NHS care here. They told me to e-mail them, which I have done, but is that all I need to do? Is one month´s notice enough? I cannot find any information on it, unsurprisingly as they will not want to help you to de-list I don´t suppose.

I assume I will need to cancel the direct debit with my bank too?

Can anyone recommend any other health insurers, or even those who will cover just specified illnesses such as cancer or such like please?
Jools, if you are eligible for State health care here in Spain, why do you need extra cover ?

Their cancer care is second to none.
Hardworking resident !!

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:18 pm

We only use the NHS here and having seen hubby first hand this year with heart problems I cannot speak highly enough :clap: