shooting in the campo

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
curatokid
Resident

shooting in the campo

Postby curatokid » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:32 am

Now that the season has started again we have people shooting near to our house, does anyone know the law regarding the minimum distance they should be from an urbanisation.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: shooting in the campo

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:45 am

I seem to recall a thread some years ago about this, but it was very confusing :? - I have a feeling it was about 100m, but I too would be interested in a definite answer.

Having said that, how do you enforce it when faced with a man with a gun.... :lolno: . We've thought about putting up signs, but then we don't want to cause future problems for ourselves if the hunters get upset. Unless there is damage, I think we will probably just keep our heads down (literally !)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:28 pm

It is confusing.

The information here:

http://www.elcorreo.com/vizcaya/v/20110 ... 10302.html

does not seem to correspond with the information here:

Medio Ambiente

The full law can be found here:

http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_dato ... -2011.html
Let's go Brandon!

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi,

If you're thinking about signage, you may well be adised to consult the hunting laws for Andalucia, just to check if they apply to you. If they're anything like Asturias, then obstructing hunters access to a bonafide hunting ground that is open (and this includes removing signs and putting them up) leaves you open to a fine of between 50,001 and 250,000 pesatas (300 - 1500 Euros).

Looking at Beach's link to the Junta's Medio Ambiente .... the key distances (250 m for urban & rural settlements and 100m for isolated buildings) are different to Asturias .... our distances are 200m & 100m. This demonstrates that most hunting law is controlled by the respective region. I do believe though that when it comes to certain clases of rivers and railways, then there's a national law.

Regards,

Mike