Help car problems I think?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Help car problems I think?

Postby Enrique » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Nice to hear that, now to convince DVLA that you are no longer the Registered Keeper and then you can sleep easy again.......... 8)

Surprised you had engine and gear box problems with that model, from having a few through my workshop even the high mileage ones seemed bomb proof . Providing they followed the maintenance schedules with cam belts and water pumps. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

friendsunited
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby friendsunited » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Enrique, the car was only ten years old and costing over 1,000 to maintain every year, the renault garage told me to give up on it, as it would have cost more to fix the car than what it was worth.
:eh: :D Cheers for all your replies and I bought a Spanish Reg car to replace my banger.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 am

friendsunited wrote:

Yes we did fill in section 9, but we didn't get a reply from the DVLA and when I called the DVLA they said car still in my name. I have a copy of V5C/3 which we both signed, but no I cannot prove posting, so we have sent it again, oooops I just sent it by normal post - (post also terrible in Spain).
I wouldn't worry too much about how you posted it. many posters on a UK car forum I use who have regular dealings with the DVLa & have sent in by recorded/certified mail Have then been told, when there is a dispute over them losing it, " there was nothing in the envelope ". You can't win with them.
Todos somos Lorca.

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:56 am

I think the telephone service for "Denuncias" in English has become a victim of cuts and is no longer available.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:05 pm

quebin wrote:I think the telephone service for "Denuncias" in English has become a victim of cuts and is no longer available.
It was available 2 weeks ago, so unless it's been dropped since then it is still available.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:56 pm

I stand corrected. :silent:

friendsunited
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby friendsunited » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

I haven't got any closer to solving the problem, I am going to contact DVLA in a couple of days and ensure they have my letter and copy of documents and see if they confirm I am no longer the owner.

You were right, Trafico only have a database for spanish reg cars, not UK or any other country.

What amazes me about the Spanish system is that I have been to the Town Hall, Local & National Police, Trafico and not one of them would make a report on it. So I can't even prove that I tried to resolve this problem.

If it comes to the worse situation, I will call the police and make a denouncia but I will tell the truth because the car wasn't stolen.
So cheers everyone,

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:31 am

friendsunited wrote:Enrique, the car was only ten years old and costing over 1,000 to maintain every year, the renault garage told me to give up on it, as it would have cost more to fix the car than what it was worth.
:eh: :D Cheers for all your replies and I bought a Spanish Reg car to replace my banger.

:wtf: :wtf: 1000 per year maintainance? what were you doing, rebuilding it each year? Ive run a 1996 megane coupe 1.6 petrol for 6 years and its not cost me 2000€ .. including buying it!

i´d of had that off you in a shot, its a shame you didnt offer it for sale here. on spanish plates its worth alot more.

funny that you say x plated megane cab in silver. one came up for sale a couple days ago. I´ll see if i can find it :think:

as for your original issue - as above. send a letter to the dvla stating that you drove to spain in the car, and instead of changing the plates you sold it to someone for parts and they said that they would register it as scrap.

Mention that you have seen it driving around and would like your name removed as registered owner as you no longer own it, and for them to make a note of who you sold it to. (if you know)

ive done this with a car i used to own. they wrote back to me a month or so later saying my name had been removed.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

friendsunited
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby friendsunited » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Just to keep you updated. I found the car in Benalmadena and the shifty person who claims he bought the car only two weeks ago. I know he is not of good character I spent10 minutes listening to him on the phone. I was a bit reluctant to go up to this guy as he had big americian bull terrier.
After approacing him, he admitted it was his and that he was a car trader. He only admitted this because he heard me say to the pub owner that I was going to call the police.
I asked for the documents of the car - all still in my name, I then asked to see his insurance he said he could drive any car as he was a trader. I didn't get to see his traders insurance as he says he doesn't have to carry it.
I got his name and telephone number, to prove who he was he showed me his driving licence. While chatting to him he told me he had 15,000 outstanding fines for driving in the UK, I told him this really didn't give me confidence in him. In front of him I phoned a dective I know in the UK and told him what was happening, my friend said he would sort it out with the DVLA so hopefully everything will turn out OK. I didn't call the police to come as I was scared he and his dog would turn on me and then do a runner before the police would arrive. Sometimes I wish was a man.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:21 am

Sometimes its better to be female, he might of lamped you one and run off without showing you the licence if you were a bloke :lol:

I hope it get sorted now :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

friendsunited
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby friendsunited » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks to everyone for advice on my old car, it is all sorted now, I'm not on the DVLA database as the owner anymore. :wave: