Non resident tax and bank account

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Non resident tax and bank account

Postby alexander1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi Shell1965,
Following on from fyfin's post

" I also have the solicitors copies for previous years and they look terrifying!!!!!"......
The only thing that is terrifying is the amount they want to charge for this amount of effort..... :evil:
I'm a bit concerned as to the amounts of 'terrifying paperwork.' The following is the only paperwork we receive from our abogado year on year. We do not rent out our property and too scared do the work ourselves.

'FISCAL REPRESENTATION & TAXES 2013 payable to the Spanish Tax Department

FISCAL REPRESENTATION &
PAYMENT OF TAXES 240,00 EUROS
Vat 21% 50,40 EUROS

TAXES 2013 (RENTA) 257,16 EUROS

FORMS &
PHOTOCOPIES 15,00 EUROS
Vat 21% 3,15 EUROS

TOTAL 565,71 EUROS'
Last edited by alexander1 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:53 pm

I think the 'terrifying' refers to the form 210 not paperwork generally but that is a 'terrifying' amount to pay for something that is relatively easy to do yourself.

Have you looked at the FAQ. You should not be scared to do it yourself and, remember, if your lawyer messes it up you are the one responsible not he.

As far as filling in the forms is concerned you would get all the help you need here on andalucia.com for free. Looking at your figures you could save yourself over €300 a year.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi alexander1,
"TAXES 2013 (RENTA) 257,16 EUROS"............unless you have a very big villa with high catastral valor I would have queried this amount.

Pull up the form and have a go at putting your figures in, you will need your IBI bill from last year.

In fact you could just use your figures to calculate what you should have paid.

I'll see if I can dig out Beachcombers little calculator and PM you.

I take it you have some Office type software..... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I think the 'terrifying' refers to the form 210 not paperwork generally but that is a 'terrifying' amount to pay for something that is relatively easy to do yourself.

Have you looked at the FAQ. You should not be scared to do it yourself and, remember, if your lawyer messes it up you are the one responsible not he.

As far as filling in the forms is concerned you would get all the help you need here on andalucia.com for free. Looking at your figures you could save yourself over €300 a year.
OMG! I had no idea it was anything like that! We haven't seen her for 3/4 years now! Just via e:mail.

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi alexander1,
"TAXES 2013 (RENTA) 257,16 EUROS"............unless you have a very big villa with high catastral valor I would have queried this amount.

Pull up the form and have a go at putting your figures in, you will need your IBI bill from last year.

In fact you could just use your figures to calculate what you should have paid.

I'll see if I can dig out Beachcombers little calculator and PM you.

I take it you have some Office type software..... :?:
Thank you Enrique. No it's only a 2bed/2bath end townhouse. From memory 130sqm. I must go and look up what catastral value is!! :oops:
I have Microsoft Excel if that's what you mean :? :oops: It's a long time since I used it! Unfortunately all my paperwork is in Spain.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:34 pm

alexander1

Before we found Beachcomber's guide to Form 210 a few years ago, we were paying our gestor about twice the actual costs of the tax - we pay about €68 each (€136 pa), our gestor was charging us almost double this amount to process the paperwork and once you have been through the online form and Beachcomber's excellent instructions it takes maybe 20 minutes and then the following year less than half of that time; it is a substantial saving.

As said previously, use your last years figures as a test/trial to see how it works out.

The only "cost" involved is the time involved of going to your own or your local bank and possibly queuing up to pay the money.

Looking forward to 2015 when I can do ours again :think: , well, ok maybe not..............

Z

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks for that Zanuck. In fact I have just had a look at what I have on my laptop and found an 2 IBI bills for 2011 for the house and the garage which I must have 'downloaded.' Goodness knows how I did it!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 pm

You would need to do a separate return for the house and the garage. Take each of the values separately then apply this formula:

valor catastral x 1,1% x 24,75%

or to put it another way:

valor catastral x 0,011 x 0,2475

or yet another way:

valor catastral x ,0027225

All three methods of calculation give the same result so if your valor catastral was, for example, €150,000,00 the total tax payable would be €408.38 (if there are two owners this would be €204,19 each)
Let's go Brandon!

Shell1965
Tourist

Postby Shell1965 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi All
Thanks for the responses and the links, they've all been really useful and I'm going to give it a go, so wish me luck!

Alexander1 - just to reassure you, I was referring to the form itself when I said it was terrifying, as Beachcomber thought - my copy was pages long, all in Spanish (my Spanish is coming on, but not the legal wording!) and it included figures I didn't understand or know where they came from!!! From looking at the links and taking on Enrique's and Beachcomber's comments, it's much, much clearer now, and I'm feeling brave enough to give it a go!
Like you, we were paying a solicitor to do.......well, not quite sure really...... so we set up the Suma ourselves down at the local offices and I'm now going to give the form 210 a go - with all this help I don't think it should take too long now, and we've saved ourselves the solicitors fees - better in our pocket than theirs, and more ice cream for me!! :clap:

Thanks again, everyone. This is my first foray into the world of forums and it's brilliant!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Just to clarify a few things.

The form which has to be filled in is available in English:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... tml?idi=EN

When you generate the PDF tax return the first two pages are nothing more than instructions on how to make the payment. The important pages to print out are page 3 to page 5. You do not need to print pages 1 and 2 unless you think your bank may not know what to do with the forms.

Remember if you are going to pay in cash, which is probably the easiest option, you do not have to use your own bank. If they cannot do it you can try another one.

Your greatest difficulty may be getting your computer to open the link. We can help with that as well.

Everyone who uses this form please note. The recent Java update Version 8 update 20) has changed the security settings. In order to avoid having to reduce the security setting you can add AEAT as an exception. If you run into this problem please post on the form 210 Discussion thread.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Some info that may be of use..........

This morning I was unable to load the Form 210..............was giving Certificate errors..

I've had to go to the Java control panel (Control Panel -> Java) and reduce the security level from High to Medium.

This was on a Windows 7 32bit system with Java 7 upd 67

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Enrique,

I have just posted regarding this problem which I discovered whilst checking the link below. You can avoid having to reduce the security settings by adding AEAT as an exception.

You have to add both of these URLs:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es

and

https://www3.agenciatributaria.gob.es

Mine was Version 8 update 20 but I think it is basically the same version it is just that one is released by Java and the other by Oracle.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks for that Beach, was about to add the "Clean" way........ :D

Came across this problem on a Linux system when testing it , so users will be able to ditch their XP and have an updated (Free) OS .......linux now looks like Windows........so no black box stuff to scare you away.

Best one I've come across so far (For XP users) is Linux Mint 17, ready to go out of the "box" and runs well on old hardware too. No need to lose your XP files as it reads them.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Someone has just given me a very old laptop running XP. I may just try it on Linux.
Let's go Brandon!

Shell1965
Tourist

Postby Shell1965 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:47 am

Sorry to ask what may be a really stupid question.....
Form 210 can be completed in English, but does it have to be converted back to Spanish before printing it off and presenting it to the bank for payment?
Thanks
Shell

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:52 am

Hi Shell1965,
No...........

Don't forget to save a copy as you do the Forms.......it will put the copy in C:\aeat\210, this is the data. The .pdf files are downloaded and these are the ones you print off and present at the Bank.

Took a couple of completed Forms (English version) in yesterday and the Bank handled them with ease.

Shell1965
Tourist

Postby Shell1965 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Thanks Enrique
And thanks to both you and Beachcomber for your help as I've now done the form!
However...........when I print them off, the Ministry of Economy and Finance symbol, along with the Tax Agency heading at the top left hand of each page appears a further 2 times on pages 3 and 4, halfway and three quarters of the way down the pages - and this is covering some of the info. I've looked at all my settings and they seem to be ok. The image on the computer is fine too, so I don't know why this is appearing - any ideas???

Thanks

Shell

Sorted! Have managed to print off without the misplaced symbols so no need for more help, thanks!
Last edited by Shell1965 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:18 pm

Very strange. This is something new which, as far as I know, no-one else has experienced. Can we just run through what you are doing.

You have completed the formula and have generated a five page PDF document of which you have selected pages 3,4 and 5 for printing. The forms appear OK on your screen but when you print them you get the problem you have described.

If this is so could you try saving the generated PDF document to your computer then open the document anew and try again then report back. Alternatively, now that you have familiarised yourself with the headings, try the Spanish version of the form. You do not have to fill it all in again because there will be a saved copy of the formula you have entered on your PC under C:\AEAT\210).

If your printer gives you the option to print in greyscale rather than full colour then do so in order to save your colour ink cartidges. Forms printed in greyscale are perfectly acceptable.

I assume you are using Adobe Reader. If the problem persists try downloading Foxit Reader. I have used Foxit as my default PDF viewer for several years.
Let's go Brandon!

Shell1965
Tourist

Postby Shell1965 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi Beachcomber
Thanks for coming back to me, and yes, I agree it is very strange.
I had already tried to close down and reopen but with the same problem. In the end I renamed it, saved it to hard drive, reopened and chose the 'fit' option in print settings and it seems to be ok.
Computers..................

Shell1965

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:53 pm

I'm glad you have fixed it. Just think of the money you have saved by doing it yourself.

The next step is a digital signature so that you can check your record of tax submissions online (along with many other things)
Let's go Brandon!