House Purchase

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
chadbukl
Andalucia.com Amigo

House Purchase

Postby chadbukl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi

Can anyone help me understand what this means?

"The House is inscribe in the Property Registry, but there is not described its surface, and it is inscribed in the name of the seller´s father, the correct inscription with its surface and in the name of the sellers can take one month.
And the house it is not listed in Catastro and its inscription will take probabily eigth months, it is not very important because Catastro is a registry of properties but only with tax purposes, the really important registry is the Property Registry"

Note this is an old property not a new build

thanks
C

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: House Purchase

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 pm

If these paragraphs form part of a purchase contract it means do not sign it until the said matters are resolved.
Let's go Brandon!

Aunty Val
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Aunty Val » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Is the house on rustic land or urban (ie in a village)?

If the house is on rustic land a lot depends on its age and what is actually registered at the Property Register (it is likely to have been extended and adding meters nowadays is almost impossible).

If it is in an urban area it tends to be easier but will still take months to resolve. As Beachcomber says - if this is part of a contract then think long and hard before entering into it.

This is a very brief reply - if you want a more detailed reply PM me with more information.

Don't jump in!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Beachcomber wrote:If these paragraphs form part of a purchase contract it means do not sign it until the said matters are resolved.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Best reply and advice I've read on any thread for a long time.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:46 am

We sold our house in Andalucia last April.

We had to have the papers updated because of a similar situation to the one you described - not registered accurately. It took eight months and cost several thousand euros (but was all updated legally at the end).

Hope this helps.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 am

Aunty Val wrote:adding meters nowadays is almost impossible
I am not nit-picking on spelling, but to clarify your good advice I assume you mean metres - as in square metres? This is obviously very different to adding an electricity or water meter.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 pm

..and you say that is not nit-picking! Only a fool would not have understood what was meant! :crazy:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:16 am

I bought an old house still in the name of the (dead) grandfather. My lawyer said this was usually because the owners/inheritors did not want to pay for inheritance tax/whatever. The transfer of the house into the seller's name was accomplished on the morning of purchase by the same notary in Marbella that oversaw my purchase. That was in 2002 in the heady days when the CDS and property sales were humming. Best advice is still don't sign anything until these things ARE resolved. Good luck! :D