Tax Form 720 Asset declaration

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tax Form 720 Asset declaration

Postby Enrique » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi Lavanda,
Maybe Sid should move this to a new thread so you can receive the info you need.

Looking on Chrome.........."Custom and Control Google Chrome "
Settings........in advanced(down the bottom of page) settings...manage certificates .. I see my Digital Signatures.
That's where I would Export then to save a copy.

That's where I think you're at from your post.......but not 100% sure......... :?
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:18 pm

You are a complete genius! I've found both mine and my OH's. Now for the exporting bit ...

Thank-you so much. Perhaps you should add this to the FAQ section as not everyone is a computer detective - like me, for instance.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 pm

It should be easy enough to export.

There is an excellent article about certificates generally here http://goo.gl/Qk8Dm

Enrique, I'm happy that details about certificates stay on this thread as getting one is going to be the most complicated part of the whole asset process.

I would ask people to check the FAQ first before asking a question about certificates.

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 42&t=27571

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi Sid,
Maybe add that Article link to FAQ's .......

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:24 pm

It's done.

Sid

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Good link, Sid. The pictures help as lots of unfamiliar computer words don't. :D

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:36 pm

El Cid wrote: As for a company owned property, if you have rights over it, it must be declared.
Sid ...... very interesting (Mr Bond)!

Can you give this old duffer a pointer as to the interpretation of 'rights over it'.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Mike.M wrote:
Can you give this old duffer a pointer as to the interpretation of 'rights over it'.
Sorry I can't really answer that as it would be what the taxman thinks rather than my opinion.

Anyway I imagine there are many types of rights but clearly if you had the ability to sell the company house and pocket the proceeds or receive rent from it I would assume that would require declaration.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 pm

I can't get the 'Nearest office' link to work for the authorisation of the digital signature but had a look at the other site on your FAQ thread (http://callejero.telefonica.es/PuntosCe ... lient=fnmt) .... it is an office dealing with "certificado de persona fiscia" I am looking for? It seems to show the town hall and the recaudacion office in Torrox - does that look correct? It would be good if it is as I originally thought I'd have to trek off to the Velez tax office :crazy: .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Wiksey,
The nearest office site appears to be down at the moment......... :thumbdown:

Back tracking....same "office type" in Alcalá la Real did mine so you should be ok with that one in Torrox

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Wicksey wrote:I can't get the 'Nearest office' link to work for the authorisation of the digital signature but had a look at the other site on your FAQ thread (http://callejero.telefonica.es/PuntosCe ... lient=fnmt) .... it is an office dealing with "certificado de persona fiscia" I am looking for? It seems to show the town hall and the recaudacion office in Torrox - does that look correct? It would be good if it is as I originally thought I'd have to trek off to the Velez tax office :crazy: .
I am pretty sure that any Ayuntamiento has the facilities to process it - ours certainly did.

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

CapnBilly wrote:Following on from my post above, I received positive confirmation from the financial services company I use. In addition I spoke to Blevins this morning. They both confirmed our original understanding of the requirements, which is that company pensions I.e final salary/defined benefits do not need to be declared. My mate also received confirmation from his lawyers that their view was the same. I am now content with this advice, and will not be declaring mine.
I would be equally happy to go along with that. But I'm really confused by this. Sid suggested "that all company final salary pensions are excluded as they are not assets as you have no control over them", but before taking my "defined benefits" pension, I had the open market option of taking my "pot" elsewhere to buy an annuity. I didn't, because nobody could improve on what the company was offering, but nonetheless I did apparently have control over the pot. Furthermore, Sid suggested that "There is even some evidence that personal pension funds are not included until they are cashed in and converted to annuities". Again, I don't really understand - I have a private pension that clearly has a value, as I can take it wherever I like to buy an annuity. But once I do, and start receiving the income, it will no longer have an asset value as I won't be able to extract any cash from it other than the monthly income.

The suggestion here is that I don't need to declare either - the defined benefits company pension I am receiving already, nor the private pension which I have not converted to an annuity. Is that right?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 pm

One of the Financial Advisor companies operating down here believes that penalties will not be applicable if the asset was aquired with declared income (including under the 2012 amnesty), or was aquired PRIOR to becoming tax resident in Spain. They are taking further advice on this and it will be interesting to see the outcome, as for expats this would surely affect the majority of assets in the various classes.

Parilla

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Parilla wrote:One of the Financial Advisor companies operating down here believes that penalties will not be applicable if the asset was aquired with declared income (including under the 2012 amnesty), or was aquired PRIOR to becoming tax resident in Spain. They are taking further advice on this and it will be interesting to see the outcome, as for expats this would surely affect the majority of assets in the various classes.

Parilla
There won't be any penalties if you declare the assets.

Any income that you may have had from them and not declared on your RENTA declaration is another matter.

Sid

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Miro wrote:
The suggestion here is that I don't need to declare either - the defined benefits company pension I am receiving already, nor the private pension which I have not converted to an annuity. Is that right?

That's the way it looks however illogical that is.

As far as I can see a personal pension pot is a bag of money over which you have ultimate control and an annuity is something that has no actuarial value but has to be declared.

Crazy but that, so far, seems to be the situation.

The only difference I can see is that a pension pot produces no taxable income but an annuity does.

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Parilla wrote:for expats this would surely affect the majority of assets in the various classes.
Indeed, and most of this thread would become irrelevant for many of us! I suspect that would be too good to be true.
El Cid wrote:The only difference I can see is that a pension pot produces no taxable income but an annuity does.
It makes no sense - an "asset" that produces a taxable income is already being declared via income tax returns. Which takes me right back to what I said ages ago - that there is something rather sinister about all this. My offer to eat my shorts if this isn't just about finding a way to extract more tax from innocent, law abiding citizens (who are easier to hit than fat cats with 22 million stashed away in Switzerland) still stands.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Miro wrote:[

It makes no sense - an "asset" that produces a taxable income is already being declared via income tax returns. .
In theory yes but in practice?

Sid

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 am

in reply to Wicksey's earlier post which I've only just seen, and not the subsequent page :oops:

....assuming they still have the staff member & / or the official stamp.....(neither of the 2 we were told on that site could do the verification & we ended up having to go to the main tax office :thumbdown: )
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 am

I couldn't get the link to work either but I knew where the tax office was so it wasn't important.

jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jaycecampo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 pm

What taxes do I pay. Bought house July 2012, non resident. Left Spain returned November 2012
Obtained residents certificate from police station Dec 2012.
So it's non residents property tax July - Dec 2012
Income tax ?
Form 710 ?