New Law

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
festival
Andalucia.com Amigo

New Law

Postby festival » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Is anyone aware of a new community law that forbids debtors and their tenants use of community areas and swimming pool.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: New Law

Postby El Cid » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:49 pm

No I am not aware of such a law but how on earth could it be enforced?

Sid

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:04 am

It seems unlikely as usually in private developments the laws are made by people appointed by them to administer the common areas on their behalf.
There is a practise that sometimes the developer has these companies in place and people pay the fees or do not as suits themselves,
Personally i would think that the people running the "management company" are some of the ordirnary shareholders in the development but i do not think this is usually the case..

hope this helps

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:59 am

As I understand it, the Community can impose rules on the Community to the effect that "debtors" may be excluded from using comunity amenities, including the swimming pool, until debts are settled.
This is not a "law", new or otherwise, but a community rule.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 am

There have been no amendments to the LPH for some years now, so this "new law" must be a bit of wishful thinking. And, as Sid says, such a restriction would be unworkable. In any event, however much a Community may wish to write its rules to deny services or access to a Debtor, it would be illegal.

Parilla