Licencia de primera ocupacion

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
morlandg
Resident

Licencia de primera ocupacion

Postby morlandg » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 am

I've searched on this forum unsuccessfully for the answer to this question. I was told by an estate agent yesterday when I was enquiring about registering my campo villa for sale and/or renting that I would need a Licencia de Primera Ocupacion even though the house I bought was an old school and church and schoolhouse where the schoolmistress lived. It is not a new build or has had a change of use although that may apply to some of the areas within the house - the schoolroom and the church area. The estate agent implied that there has been a new law introduced which make this licence obligatory in all cases. Is this true and if so how do I apply for said licence?

probe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Licencia de primera ocupacion

Postby probe » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:09 pm

This has been a challenge to us. We have an old house with electricity but no water, though it is available. As we do not have the LFO they won't connect us. When our house was built LFOs were not issued - so stuck.

Apparently last year a new regulation was issued that allowed for a retrospective version of the LFO to be produced but our ayuntmiento hasn't worked out how they are going to address this yet.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Don't know if this will help at all...

When we got our LFO a few years ago, our Spanish friend did it all for us, so I'm not sure exactly what she did, but I know we had done the reform, had new architects plans drawn, and an Escrirtura de Obras Nuevas done at the Notary. The LFO more or less said - the house is more than 10 years old and meets all the legal requirements for an occupiable habitation. :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 am

As usual it is up to the local authority to decide how they are going to issue them. Some are simply issuing them for existing properties - others are looking at it as yet another revenue. I know of one place where they are proposing to charge 6% of the property value - and this on all houses whatever the age. This will be welcomed by farmers who have built illegal places as they will be able to get first occupancy by paying 6%.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

chadbukl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chadbukl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:12 am

It has taken our Vendor 4 months to obtain this,,,,,lots of challenge from local council..... Had to prove quality of foundations, and spetic tank amoungst other things. My advice would we get an architect and visit the council architect with him and your lawyer.

susanspain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby susanspain » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:00 pm

It is very important that you get this LFO.. even if your property is a 200 yr old campo house!
In our region (Gualdahorce valley).. there are over 3,000 properties under threat as they have never obtained this cert. The local town halls are clamping down and trying to even stop people living in their own homes! (As some are now classified as casa de campo rather than vivienda.) There is a big conflab going on at Alhaurin el Grande town hall as they asked property owners to come in.
No decisions either way have been made, but it is a worrying time for all concerned.
(There are possibly only 2 houses in the whole of these 3,000 that have the correct licence!)