Pareja de hecho

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Pareja de hecho

Postby Mariposa » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:00 am

Finally got around to considering this seriously. We understood we needed some sort of certificate re civil status from the consulate, but having gone to their website, found that it said Andalucia does not currently accept this. Does anyone know if this means we don't have to supply it.... The Junta site still says we need a certificate. What to do???

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Pareja de hecho

Postby olive » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:00 pm

have you tried asking what is needed at your local town hall?

From memory you just turn up with documents showing you have lived together and share bills, mortgage etc. Joint bank account.

Becca
Tourist

Postby Becca » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:06 pm

HI - I did this a few years back...what a nightmare ! The Consulate got it all wrong and charged money for things that were not accepted by the Registry. Its the Consejeria para la Igualdad y Bienestar Social of the Junta..they have a 35 page booklet available 'Normativa de Parejas de Hecho' this has the forms to fill out. The usual, pardon, NIE, Escritura, passport etc. The one problem I had was a declaration of marital status ' Certification de estado civil' How can I get tat in Spain from the Registry for births, marriage and death as how would they know ? Well they didn't know but they stamped the certificate saying I was single and didn't charge..this was accepted by the Junta and eventually I got the Pareja Certificate. The Town Hall can give a Certificate de Convivencia' but this is not the same. Hope this helps

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:21 am

Progress so far.... Went to town hall to ask for padron. The staff there very helpful this time and offered to send our docs to Granada when we had got birth certs divorce certs stamped with the Apostille, so that we would be saved a journey to Granada! .Consulate no longer do this so they have all gone to the legislation office in UK (£114)We will have them translated! (€100) and hope we can then declare everything else at the town hall ....crossed fingers all round! Then I guess it will be new wills ....(€100) But we will have to be quick as it all needs to be done within 3 months ....