registering as autonomo

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

registering as autonomo

Postby littleeak » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 pm

I wish to register as autonomo. I know I have to register with the Agencia Tributaria & then the Seguridad Social but can anyone advise me as to which mountain of forms I need to complete.............
Thank you

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: registering as autonomo

Postby markwilding » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:53 pm

I usually get one of them to do it for me when I go. The last one put on a sour face but to me it's more important to get it right than worry about upsetting someone because they have to work now and again. I also need to pay 1 euro for the forms.

What forms you fill in and which part depends on your tax status. For example, I'm a self employed teacher so I don't have to charge VAT. I usually take my passport and the green resident form as well.

The social security bit is simple, you just take the forms they give you in the tax office and they do the rest. Remember to take your bank details though.

The whole process is quick and really depends on how many other people are in front of you when you go. I believe it can be done on-line as well but I always go in person.

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Thank you markwilding.

So I literally go in & ask to register as autonomo?
A Gestor has said they could do it for me but want 40 euros per month for the privilege. As I'm just starting out as a self employed teacher paying the autonomo itself will be enough!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:39 pm

littleeak wrote:Thank you markwilding.

A Gestor has said they could do it for me but want 40 euros per month for the privilege. As I'm just starting out as a self employed teacher paying the autonomo itself will be enough!
Blimey, 40 euros per month, for that they should coming round to clean your house couple of hours a week too. My wife and I paid 55 euros in total -not each- for both of us for the end of year tax returns and the autonomo bit I do myself. In total it take ups around 2 hours per year. 1 hour in June to sign off and one hour in October to re register, that includes the walk to and from my house and between offices.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm

markwilding wrote:
littleeak wrote:Thank you markwilding.

Blimey, 40 euros per month, for that they should coming round to clean your house couple of hours a week too. My wife and I paid 55 euros in total -not each- for both of us for the end of year tax returns and the autonomo bit I do myself. In total it take ups around 2 hours per year. 1 hour in June to sign off and one hour in October to re register, that includes the walk to and from my house and between offices.
yes, but you aren't IVa registered which needs to be done regularly as does the tax every 3 months.
25-40€/ month is the going rate. Register as an s.l.l, 2 of you , & it rises to 250/month+iva !!!

P.s. They don't do the 'signing on /off' included in that amount either.
Todos somos Lorca.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:11 pm

gus-lopez wrote: yes, but you aren't IVa registered which needs to be done regularly as does the tax every 3 months.
25-40€/ month is the going rate. Register as an s.l.l, 2 of you , & it rises to 250/month+iva !!!

P.s. They don't do the 'signing on /off' included in that amount either.
The OP is a teacher as well so he will need the same terms as me.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 am

I know 3 teachers, all autonomo's, on another forum & they all pay around 40€/month. They are all in different parts of Spain as well.
Todos somos Lorca.

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Well I managed to do it myself! It took just over an hour & that included the inevitable trip to get photocopies (although the man in the seguridad social did ask if I needed a copy of the form from Hacienda!) & the trek between offices.
Both people who dealt with me were brilliant................ not even getting impatient if I didn't understand the Spanish 'legalese'!

libelula
Tourist

Postby libelula » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Have just been told about this new option for joining the autonomo scheme - still too much for me, but might be of interest to others.

Get Yourself Legal in Spain for 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 273&type=1

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 am

The link doesn't work!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:59 am

Hi libelulu,

See first post on Page 2 of this link for posting long URL's on The Forum.................

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... RL#p304029
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

libelula
Tourist

Postby libelula » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Does this work?

https://www.facebook.com/TrustSL - for the main site

or
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 273&type=1 - for the specific article

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi libelula,

Spot on............... :thumbup:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.