Convenio especial de prestación de asistencia sanitaria

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
fyfin
Resident

Convenio especial de prestación de asistencia sanitaria

Postby fyfin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Some of you may be aware that there is a system to join the Spanish National Healthcare system by paying into it which was ratified by Royal Decree 1192/2012. What I didn't realise is that all regions have adopted this yet and Andalucia is one that hasn't.

I had been advised to just go and apply and I tried to do this at Huercal Overa in Almeria but basically they knew nothing about it and assumed I wanted some sort of social assistance and wanted me to complete a form to obtain a social security number when this should not be a requirement.

This website explains it very well, how much it costs and includes a simple application form (province of Aragon). http://tinyurl.com/oqwsrsn

I decided to write to the Presidenta of Junat de Andalucia and actually got a reply which I think says that they are working on it and hopefully it will be available soon. If anyone can translate it better please let me know.

I am a member of Citizens Advice Spain and I will post this there as well as I had already mentioned I was trying to do it. Here is the reply -

En respuesta a su mensaje enviado a través del buzón de sugerencias de la página web del Servicio Andaluz de Salud, le informamos que:

Actualmente se está a la espera del informe jurídico sobre el modelo de convenio a firmar. Próximamente estará disponible, junto con el procediminto para su tramitación, en la página web del Servicio Andaluz de Salud http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/servicio ... efault.asp

Un cordial saludo,

Si desea responder a este correo, pulsar aquí

Servicio Andaluz de Salud
Avda. Constitución 18
41071 Sevilla
Tel. 955 01 8000
Fax. 955 01 8025
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Convenio especial de prestación de asistencia sanitaria

Postby Free at Last » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:57 pm

fyfin wrote: I had been advised to just go and apply and I tried to do this at Huercal Overa in Almeria but basically they knew nothing about it and assumed I wanted some sort of social assistance and wanted me to complete a form to obtain a social security number when this should not be a requirement.
When it is introduced in Andalucia, it might well be necessary to obtain a Spanish social security number before you can access it. Certainly if you want to apply currently under the "sin recursos" rules (applicable to those who were resident prior to the rules being changed in 2012), you have to get a social security number first, even if you're not going to be working and paying contributions.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Now that is interesting because we were able to obtain health benefits (albeit temporary) using our S1 forms and were issued with a number but not a social security number. Of course we have an NIE and are now registered for tax (first tax return this year).
Looking at the other regions it seems they don't require anything other than evidence that you are on the padron, have been officially resident more than a year - here is the actual application form used by one region and I have looked at some others as well who don't seem to ask for it http://tinyurl.com/qyxzvjt

Maybe I'll just apply for one anyway or wait until I hear as it may be different if you are actually paying for it instead of receiving free treatment. Our friends who are pensioners didn't have to have one as far as I know when they took their S1s to the INSS office and they have received their tarjetas sanitarias.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:00 am

fyfin wrote:Now that is interesting because we were able to obtain health benefits (albeit temporary) using our S1 forms and were issued with a number but not a social security number. Of course we have an NIE and are now registered for tax (first tax return this year).
Looking at the other regions it seems they don't require anything other than evidence that you are on the padron, have been officially resident more than a year - here is the actual application form used by one region and I have looked at some others as well who don't seem to ask for it http://tinyurl.com/qyxzvjt

Maybe I'll just apply for one anyway or wait until I hear as it may be different if you are actually paying for it instead of receiving free treatment. Our friends who are pensioners didn't have to have one as far as I know when they took their S1s to the INSS office and they have received their tarjetas sanitarias.
No, you don't need an SS number if registering with an S1 form (I don't know why, presumably because the UK Government is paying>).

However, another member (Campo Steve, hope he won't mind me quoting him) described his experience in going down the "sin recursos" route here

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 53#p303453

and I have heard the same from other sources.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:24 am

I can see that but then again our case will be different in that it is not "sin recursos" i.e we do not fall into the prior to Apr 2012 residents.

We will have to pay when they get it up and running so I suspect we will not need an SS number but as I said, who knows, it's all new to the Junta so they can devise whatever type of form or condition they wish. We will just have to make sure we comply. :crazy:

I just hope they get it up and running soon as we feel a little nervous having no cover here or in UK despite paying NI in UK for 75 years between us, and never claiming a penny in benefits apart from child benefit.

Icaru
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Icaru » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Here is the answer:

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/servicio ... %20kb).pdf

And this one is very clearly laid out (both in Spanish)

https://www.saludinforma.es/portalsi/we ... -sanitaria
I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world. - Socrates

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:54 pm

The top link doesn't work, maybe you need to make it into a tinyurl .

I eventually got into the system by the convenio especial route but it wasn't easy to find a form anywhere on the system for Andalucia. In fact the form only appeared for one day and I managed to download it before it disappeared for good.