Catastral Re evaluation?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Micko

Catastral Re evaluation?

Postby Micko » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:22 pm

First time poster......I have just picked up an envelope that had to be signed for at my local post office in La Cala de Mijas. It contains 5 sheets of paper from Ministerio De Hacienda Y Administraciones Publicas in Malaga. There are references to property size and an invoice for 60€. Is it some type of property re evaluation that has come into effect? I am normally pretty good at working out what most official correspondence is about....but this one has got me baffled. Anyone.......?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Catastral Re evaluation?

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:34 pm

I reckon you have got it. Although I cannot find it, I remember something in one of the English-language rags about the Mayor trying to increase council income by checking up on properties that didn't match the description in the Catastral, and increasing the IBI to suit.
They did this in Comares a year or so back, and nearly everyone had to take all the papers to the Ayuntamiento, with colour photos of all elevations and the land. This was great for us as we have been trying to get everything straight for years, though our annual cost went from c60€ to 300€+. Cheap enough for what we get. Next weekend is the annual Axarquia 'Dia de Mayores', this year in Alcaucin, when all the pensioners (provided they are on the Padron) can go for the day, coached as necessary get a day out, with souvenirs and a guided tour of the host village, a cooked meal with drinks, and some entertainment, all for nothing! The same group could have gone on a free trip to Roquetas de Mar near Almeria for 3 days, 2 nights hotel, all full board....sadly we are tied by the 16 'garden' cats that rely on us for food, plus our own cat who lives in the house! The trippers went yesterday, and are due back Sunday.
We also get 20% discount on the IBI, provided we are Empadronimento and pay by Direct Debit.
Moral is, keep in touch with your Ayuntamiento, and sign on the Padron!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Micko

Postby Micko » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply and giving me your incite and experience. It certainly sounds like it pays to stay close to the Ayuntamiento.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:46 pm

We received one just like that, also for 60€. We took it to our solicitor because it didn't look right. They had indicated a built area exactly the figure of the total original area. They also said that this figure was because of development since 2011 which is rubbish. We aggregated a room from next door in 2008 (different built area) which was registered that year. Our solicitor has written to them saying the figures are wrong and so I guess it will cost us another wad to get it sorted out. :roll:
Brian.

Micko

Postby Micko » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Sounds like it's going to be better to pay the 60€ than go the legal route. It's not right but just sometimes........ :wtf:

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Yes, it occurred to me too but I do like to have things straight.
Brian.

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:38 pm

If in doubt, there is a site where you can download your land as registered and then compare the size with the Compra Venta. They very often make mistakes which never come to light until you want to sell. All you need is the reference on your IBI.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Yes, thanks. I have printouts of all that and it reflects the true situation but they still get it wrong in their calculations unfortunately.
Brian.

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:28 am

The last time i was over i was comparing notes with a friend as we both did projects at around the same time, the reason it came up is that he was told that houses were being inspected to see if they matched what town hall records had and if not back payment for 5 years would need to be paid.
He said that even though he had increased the floor space it seemed that town hall had not updated to take into consideration, he did get the licence and used Spanish builder and architect so he assumed that it would happen automatically.
As neither of us knows much about this and the relationship between site value and living space it was left and i actually forgot until i seen this post.
What do the experts think?