Fuera de Ordinacion

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
teralin
Resident

Fuera de Ordinacion

Postby teralin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:56 pm

A neighbour has just emailed me an article regarding a new law passed by the Junta de Andalucia that requires ALL property built on rustic land to have a certificate of fuera de ordinacion (DAFO) before completion can take place. This would appear to be the case regardless of whatever documentation you already have for your house. Can anybody shed any light on this.

Until now, the assumption was that a property can be sold provided it was properly registered either with planning permission or with a certificate of antiquity. Is this yet another obstacle to selling?

Thanks as usual for any help.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fuera de Ordinacion

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:28 pm

This subject has been mentioned here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34526&p=335390#p335390
Let's go Brandon!

teralin
Resident

Postby teralin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks for that Beachcomber. I still do not know from this whether a DAFO is a legal requirement for completion of the sale of a rustic propery and whether this is truly a new law as stated in the magazine article. I suspect not.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:54 pm

As I said in the post to which I linked this was published as Decree 2/2012, of 10th January 2012 so it depends on your definition of a 'new law'.

If a property was built with a building licence in accordance with the prevailing regulations and has a final architect's certificate and a genuine licence of first occupation there is no requirement for an AFO neither is there if it has been issued with a legitimate certificate of antiquity.

Also as I said, despite what you may be told, an AFO does not make an illegal property legal.

Do you have a link to the article to which you refer or was it a scan of a page from a magazine?
Let's go Brandon!

teralin
Resident

Postby teralin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:38 pm

My neighbour said " I saw an article in July/August House & Home, a Streetwise production". I think it's a free magazine down on the costa.