Denuncias

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
unis09
Tourist

Denuncias

Postby unis09 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:13 pm

A month ago a friend had a company installing surveillance cameras in his garden to deter a neighbour who had been poisoning his trees and plants. The neighbour went crazy, saying one of the cameras was pointed towards the street outside his property. Two GC officers arrived within an hour to check the cameras. They left saying there was no problem. When the GC left the neighbour followed them to their police station to make a denuncia. The GC returned within a couple of hours telling my friend he had to go to the police station to respond to the denuncia. He did but has heard nothing since.

The same neighbour recently verbally abused my friend in front of witnesses. He went to his lawyer who said he should make a denuncia. He did so, but the GC said it would not reach the juzgado unless the lawyer intervened. He asked the GC if they would be going to the neighbour's house to have him respond to the denuncia. The GC said no, the juzgado would contact the neighbour if necessary.

My friend is British, the neighbour a local.

Is this normal??

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Denuncias

Postby jhonie99 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Your question is a little generic, but I've experience of similar stuff so...........

The CCTV issue is a data protection issue, so any denuncias would be made through that agency.

The verbal abuse is a police issue. If u denounce someone they will be given the opportunity to respond to the denuncia at the police station. Usually, people denounce each other (it's the Spanish way!!).

Don't denounce via the police, denounce via a lawyer if you want a conviction (the police don't care and will give deliberately misleading information when it suits them).

Also, your friend should make a denucia against the neighbour about the poisoning of plants. Unless a denuncia is done, the problem doesn't exist.

With regard both issues, photo evidence is NOT permisable in court, but could be used by the police to extract a confession.

Be prepared to lie in court and invent witnesses where appropriate (advise from my lawyer).