Renta 2017

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
avellana
Resident

Re: Renta 2017

Postby avellana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:41 pm

That's right no pressure!
I'm thwarted at every turn.
I don't suppose anyone has an email address for the Agencia Tributaria?

If I don't achieve any result today I'm sure they'll contact me when they try and take the money from my closed account!!!

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:46 am

El Cid wrote:Remember today is the last day for submissions - no pressure then!

Good luck.

Sid
Sid, interestingly, according to this article at least, the last day for submissions is 2nd July...

http://www.elmundo.es/economia/macroeco ... b45e5.html
La campaña de la Renta 2017 comenzó oficialmente el pasado día 4 de abril de 2018 y se alargará hasta el 2 de julio, fecha límite para presentar la declaración. Curiosamente, este año la campaña será más larga de lo habitual, ya que en años anteriores el plazo finalizaba en el mes de junio.
My return is ready to go, except for one point that I'm trying to clarify; I wonder if anyone here might be able to assist. For the UK tax year 2016-17 I had to pay some tax to HMRC, due to my rental earnings, etc. there exceeding my personal allowance for the first time since I've lived in Spain. I'm keen to ensure that I make use of the UK/Spain double taxation avoidance agreement. However I actually paid this tax in January 2018. So my question is - can I declare this tax paid on my 2017 declaración de renta, given that it was for the tax year that overlapped the Spanish 2017 tax year? Or is it the actual date of payment which counts, i.e. this payment would be used to offset my Spanish tax for the current (2018) tax year?

My second question is - how (where) do I declare the UK tax paid on the declaración de renta (online)?

Many thanks in advance for any help that may be forthcoming.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:31 am

It's the 27th if you are submitting online and wish to pay by direct debit.

https://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.i ... enta.shtml

Sid

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 am

OK Sid, understood; thanks for clarifying. I'm actually due a rebate in any case, but I'm obviously keen to get this buttoned up ASAP.

Has anyone here entered tax paid in the UK in order to offset it against Spanish tax at some point? I'd be grateful for any thoughts on this.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:05 am

In the list of sections (apardatos) select this option-.

Cálculo del impuesto y resultado de la declaración
Cuotas estatal y autonómica. Incremento de cuotas por pérdida de deducciones de años anteriores. Deducciones por doble imposición internacional y por rdtos.

In the section that appears it should go into box 0553.

Of course, this assumes that the income that generated the UK tax has been declared as income on your Spanish tax return.

Sid

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 am

Avalena - I was once told that it could ONLY be paid from a spanish bank account, and that is why it will not recognise the UK based IBAN. Perhaps the solution is to go back to the gestor you have already been in touch with and ask if their IBAN could be put in for payment and arrange a transfer into their account from your UK account - this is an extra service that they may be within their rights to charge you for.
What do non-residents do? If they have to pay their imputed or real rental tax - do they all have spanish back accounts?

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 am

El Cid wrote:In the list of sections (apardatos) select this option-.

Cálculo del impuesto y resultado de la declaración
Cuotas estatal y autonómica. Incremento de cuotas por pérdida de deducciones de años anteriores. Deducciones por doble imposición internacional y por rdtos.

In the section that appears it should go into box 0553.

Of course, this assumes that the income that generated the UK tax has been declared as income on your Spanish tax return.

Sid
Many thanks Sid, that makes sense. Yes, all the income has been included in the relevant Spanish tax returns, hence my desire to avoid being taxed on it twice. :-)

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Gasman wrote: What do non-residents do? If they have to pay their imputed or real rental tax - do they all have spanish back accounts?
I think they probably do - even non-residents have local expenses such as electricity, IBI etc
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

julie22
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby julie22 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:57 am

I submitted my Rental online a few weeks ago, and opted for the 2 stage payments, June and November. However I am now concerned that the first payment has not been taken out of my bank account. I cannot find on the Hacienda website the dates for tax collection, does anyone know the actual date when the tax is paid for people who complete their own tax return online and pay by direct debit

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:11 pm

My first payment is due to come out on Monday 2nd July.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

julie22
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby julie22 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:14 pm

Thank you so much Gerryh for a quick response, you have made my weekend a whole lot better.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Gasman
Thank you for your reply.
I've looked at so many pages on La Renta online!
I'm sure anyone returning to live in the UK would close their Spanish bank account.
I had under 100 € in my account at the end.
Has anyone tried to use the videos that are meant to help you?
It's impossible to read the pages as the size of the documents is so small!