A right to a view

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Peshma
Tourist

A right to a view

Postby Peshma » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Can anybody tell me if under Spanish Law, house-owners have a "right to a view"?
Many thanks.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: A right to a view

Postby costakid » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 pm

As in if there is a piece of land in front of you it can't be built on? NO right whatsoever.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:43 pm

In Spain, if you think they might, they will. No rights whatsoever concerning views, but there are regulations on how close to boundries they can build.
Hardworking resident !!

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:25 pm

I do not really understand the context of the question, are you asking that the view already there and someone putting up something to obstruct same?
I do know the rules for building height have to be generally the same and in this instance building something too high to obstruct other persons view will hardly get the said license.
I do know of a lady who complained of a wall being built too high and the build was stopped, i do not know how it ended up as i missed her when over last...

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Things have changed in Spain and i've mentioned on a previous thread the days when a building was built within 2ft of my inlaws bedroom window so all they had for a view was a brick wall...Thankfully building regulations have come along way in Spain...having said that an estate agent once told me here in the Uk that when buying property to keep in mind that is exactly what you are buying and not the view because anything could happen in the future...i don't think it will be any different in Spain..

Peshma
Tourist

Postby Peshma » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Thanks for your replies. The context is that we have a neighbours dispute on our urbanisation at the moment. One neighbour complaining that the trees on the neighbouring property are "blocking the view", although the trees are no taller than the wall on the complainees property! It would be good to help to diffuse the situation before lawyers get involved.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:02 pm

When we wanted to prune some trees on our property we had to get permission from the town hall and the Medio Ambiente which was given with firm instructions on how much we we allowed to cut.

This was solely for the purpose of maintaining the good health of the trees and to prevent them becoming a danger. I can't see that there would be much sympathy for the fact that the trees in question in this case are merely 'spoiling the view' and quite right too.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:15 am

A good friend of mine always said "If you want a view then buy it" in other words if there is an empty field in front of you then buy it.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:15 pm

All well and good if its for sale!!