Renewing expired ITV

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Renewing expired ITV

Postby alexander1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Our Spanish car is in the community garage and comprehensively insured. Due to unforeseen circumstances the ITV due in June has lapsed. I have tried to book this before we return to Spain in November rather than wait until we get there. I have entered the registration number and the original registration date. However, it will not take this. I have entered it every which way but I keep getting:
'The registration date does not correspond to the registration entered.'
I have always been able to book online previously (Estepona and also in San Pedro) with the same information with no problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can resolve this? Many thanks.

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Renewing expired ITV

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi

You can also try the last six digists of you Car's identification Number on the ITV Booking website. See link below

https://almunecarinfo.com/itv-renewal/

Good Luck

David

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi,
"
You can also try the last six digits of you Car's identification Number"..........not a number that easily comes to mind when you're 1200 miles away from the documents.

Best to give them a ring and explain that there is a problem with their Data base, as your record appears to be incorrect.
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm

I have found that using the registration date doesn't always work, but using the last 6 digits, select this option n the drop down menu, of my Car's identification Number always works.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Gerry's right on this.
First matriculation date (or first registration date) can be a bit haphazard, as it may not be properly recorded, or even confused with the manufacturing date! For imported cars, situation is even worse.
Bastidor/VIN always works.
Chris

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying and many thanks for the replies! Yes I did find using the last 6 digits worked. However I have chickened out and asked the local garage to arrange the appointment and take it for us, which they have done for next week. Fingers crossed!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:52 pm

If it doesnt work online you could always call them. They only need the registration number of the car.
Alhaurin el Grande since ´99, working at the airport since 2011.