Logistics of selling a LHD car with Spanish plates - advice please

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Logistics of selling a LHD car with Spanish plates - advice please

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:29 pm

1bassleft wrote:Somebody like Spanish_lad knows the dealer's side of things better than I do (IIRC, he knows of Pentagon's local scout in his neck of Spain)
The guy I know is called Mark, I´ve not seen him for a while to be fair. Normally he would drop off 8 cars with us and then have a transporter come and get them all in one go, and they go back to the UK.

To be honest I cant see how its "worth" their while, I´m sure they would be alot better off just selling them here in Spain.

Gerry got in before me - thats how it works - the IVTM bill goes to the owner of the vehicle on the 1st of January, and you are paying for the coming year, not the year just gone (as far as I remember)

It is possible to get a refund from the town hall, if you can prove that the car is sold/ baja etc - and on what date - but i´ve not done it - i will be doing so in the next few months

I´ve just paid my Mums road tax on her car. She´d not driven it for at least 4 years, its not moved out of my garden for at least 2 years. I´ve not gotten around to making a baja but thats another story.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

1bassleft
Resident

Re: Logistics of selling a LHD car with Spanish plates - advice please

Postby 1bassleft » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:19 am

Yes, it's not retrospective. The owner on 01/01/19 pays the tax for 2019, not 2018 (I must've been the only buyer in December) so any sales contract needs keeping hold of.

I can see why Pentagon trailer a load back. LHD cars for sale in the UK are a real premium "with all paperwork taken care of". I was interested in a private sale in the UK (Spanish nurse on long-term contract, wanting to swap to RHD) but got beaten to it. Huge knockdown from a forecourt price.