Certificate of Permanent Residence/T.I.E

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Certificate of Permanent Residence/T.I.E

Postby markwilding » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:56 pm

I did mine early because once back at work, I knew I would be too busy to go. It was actually human error and not a mistake caused by glitch in the system and could occur in the future as well.Fortunately, mine, which I did in late July, has all the correct wording on it.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:59 pm

They will not suddenly say that you have to convert to a TIE. That is clearly stated in all the government websites. That said, I think it’s a useful change and I will do it when getting an an appointment is easier, which will probably be when we are into 2021 and all the new applicants have either done it or given up when the new requirements on income etc kick in.

Sid

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:51 pm

So...going on Wednesday to pick up our new cards. Will check the wording before accepting them. Has anyone recently picked them up with the wrong wording and what did you do??

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:59 am

Got ours a few weeks ago with the wrong wording.
It is widely known that the wording id wrong but, I believe, that since the authorities know it is wrong the cards are accepted.
So we just accepted our cards.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am

This is absolutely unbelievable. They are so particular about the applications being made in such a precise manor and rejecting them if 'an i isn't dotted or a t not crossed' then say that a glaring error on their part doesn't matter.

We haven't pick ours up yet but if they are wrongly worded then, despite what they say, they are not valid and we will not accept them.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 am

We used our cards when flying last week and hiring a car and they were accepted.
They are aware of the mistake so I wasn't going to refuse them and then have the job of trying to get another appointment. They had taken the green cards at the first appointment so we didn't have any residencias, so I'm sticking with the TIE now which work ok for what we want them for.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:55 pm

So.....we collected our cards today. Checked the wording and all was correct. Hopefully that will be it for the next 10 years, unless anything else changes!!

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:33 pm

I read somewhere recently that authorities in some Provinces are getting swamped with applications from Expats trying to change their Green Paper/NIE Card over to T. I.E. British Spanish Residents do not have to apply this year for this New T.I.E CARD. This can be done next year or when it becomes compulsory to do so. The Authorities only want Applications for Residence for those people who do not have any sort of Residence Certificate or NIE Card

David

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:07 pm

We did our TIEs in the Comisaría in Málaga. They are handling applications for residents changing over from the green sheet/card and there was no suggestion that we had jumped the gun, in fact, the clerk said it was better to do it now as there will be new regulations and requirements in the new year.

Applications for new residents are being dealt with in a foreigners office especially set up for the purpose near the old DGT offices closer to the centre of Málaga.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Agreed, do it now in case the requirements change after the UK finally exits the UE.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris