Certificate of Permanent Residence/T.I.E

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Certificate of Permanent Residence/T.I.E

Postby markwilding » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:56 pm

I did mine early because once back at work, I knew I would be too busy to go. It was actually human error and not a mistake caused by glitch in the system and could occur in the future as well.Fortunately, mine, which I did in late July, has all the correct wording on it.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:59 pm

They will not suddenly say that you have to convert to a TIE. That is clearly stated in all the government websites. That said, I think it’s a useful change and I will do it when getting an an appointment is easier, which will probably be when we are into 2021 and all the new applicants have either done it or given up when the new requirements on income etc kick in.

Sid

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:51 pm

So...going on Wednesday to pick up our new cards. Will check the wording before accepting them. Has anyone recently picked them up with the wrong wording and what did you do??

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:59 am

Got ours a few weeks ago with the wrong wording.
It is widely known that the wording id wrong but, I believe, that since the authorities know it is wrong the cards are accepted.
So we just accepted our cards.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am

This is absolutely unbelievable. They are so particular about the applications being made in such a precise manor and rejecting them if 'an i isn't dotted or a t not crossed' then say that a glaring error on their part doesn't matter.

We haven't pick ours up yet but if they are wrongly worded then, despite what they say, they are not valid and we will not accept them.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 am

We used our cards when flying last week and hiring a car and they were accepted.
They are aware of the mistake so I wasn't going to refuse them and then have the job of trying to get another appointment. They had taken the green cards at the first appointment so we didn't have any residencias, so I'm sticking with the TIE now which work ok for what we want them for.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:55 pm

So.....we collected our cards today. Checked the wording and all was correct. Hopefully that will be it for the next 10 years, unless anything else changes!!

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:33 pm

I read somewhere recently that authorities in some Provinces are getting swamped with applications from Expats trying to change their Green Paper/NIE Card over to T. I.E. British Spanish Residents do not have to apply this year for this New T.I.E CARD. This can be done next year or when it becomes compulsory to do so. The Authorities only want Applications for Residence for those people who do not have any sort of Residence Certificate or NIE Card

David

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:07 pm

We did our TIEs in the Comisaría in Málaga. They are handling applications for residents changing over from the green sheet/card and there was no suggestion that we had jumped the gun, in fact, the clerk said it was better to do it now as there will be new regulations and requirements in the new year.

Applications for new residents are being dealt with in a foreigners office especially set up for the purpose near the old DGT offices closer to the centre of Málaga.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Agreed, do it now in case the requirements change after the UK finally exits the UE.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:50 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:07 pm We did our TIEs in the Comisaría in Málaga. They are handling applications for residents changing over from the green sheet/card and there was no suggestion that we had jumped the gun, in fact, the clerk said it was better to do it now as there will be new regulations and requirements in the new year.

Applications for new residents are being dealt with in a foreigners office especially set up for the purpose near the old DGT offices closer to the centre of Málaga.

@Beachcomber - so people "swapping over" go to comisaria ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:50 am

Can’t find a topic entitled ‘TIE’ on the forum.

My question is regarding the EX-23 form that most people filled in pre Brexit and so wanting to swap from the green form to the card.

We are in the process of changing from our green form to the card, everything is in motion we have all the relevant paperwork x 3, the kitchen sink etc. Our appointment is this Tuesday at the Officina de Extranjeria in Granada.

We filled in the form online and printed out the pages Page 1 was OK no problem however on Page 2
4) DATOS RELATIVOS A LA SOLICITUD we are unsure what box to tick under the subheading
4.2 SITUACION EN ESPANA

We are in our 60’s have been here 17 years and have no immediate family here.

cheers terry :thumbup:

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:38 am

We didn't tick any of those boxes, just filled in the box with Nombres y apellidos del titular, filled in the date & signed the "firme" box. This was in Malaga in February.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:49 am

Cheers quebin :thumbup:

Everything went OK with the transfer to a TIE card.

Page 2 of the EX-23
In our case under 4.2 SITUACION EN ESPANA
We were instructed to tick the box - RESIDENCIA CON CERTIFICADO DE REGISTRO DE CUIDADANO DE LA UNION then date and sign the bottom.

No specific date given to pick the card up but we were told to return in around 40 days.

Cheers terry

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:08 am

Don't know if it's different in Granada region but in Malaga province we had to make an appointment to collect the card via the website, which was difficult as there weren't any available. We did all our appointments at the National Police station.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:48 am

Wicksey - Thanks for the info. Same for Granada, just checked the National Police website, we needed to make an appointment for card pick up, in approx 40 days days time.
The lady who processed our initial applications said 'just come here on the 26,27 or 28th May to pick up the cards', she didn't mention that we need to make an appointment, they just assume you know these things!

cheers terry

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:00 pm

Unless things have changed since last year when it was very busy :think: . I had heard that in Velez Malaga they had a lot of uncollected cards, presumably as people just couldn't get an appointment online. They then said just call in to collect them.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:16 pm

In Motril, in Granada province, they give you an appointment to pick up your cards. A good thing as it took me 2 months to get an appointment at Motril and it is not a busy place, literally walk in before they invented the online booking for appointments.

Sid

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:35 pm

Looking to see when appointments to do first stage are available, in Cartagena there are several for tomorrow but I cannot look further ahead. Do they normally release new schedules at the beginning of each month?
I have fresh padrons but need fresh photos and pay the €12 fee times 2 before committing.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:59 pm

That's quick PoR, is it quieter there for Brits to get it? Friends have had to book for Malaga next month as there's nothing at all available at Velez Malaga. I did hear locally that appointments to collect were released around a certain date but think it was something like the 14th, I can't remember. They only released a few days at a time I think. What the position is in Murcia only you will probably know.