Confusion about NIE/Residency

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Confusion about NIE/Residency

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:31 am

A few months back he go it wrong over the 90/180 rule aswell and someone wrote in pointing it out. Maybe time to retire?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:52 am

David Searle must be very old now, he seemed old 25 years ago.
Don’t want to be Agist though. Our Sid is old and he usually gets things right. :mrgreen:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:38 pm

The official line is the the moment is definitely that is is not obligatory to change from the green paper to the TIE. However, I am have posted various times that both times I went to the police station, I had a conversation with officials, who both told me that that they will eventually have to be replaced.

From a personal perspective, I think having the card makes life easier due to the fact that most Spanish don't understand that somebody might not have an ID card. There is also the benefit of using it to move around the EU and being easily able to prove I've not overstayed my visa in another EU country.

Remember, we were also told that we would have until the end of this year to register as a resident but nobody pointed out that the way to register would dramatically change 6 months before this date, which is causing problems for some people who were taken by surprise because they thought there was plenty of time to do it.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:25 am

elusive wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:45 pm
elusive wrote:
Beachcomber wrote:If you give exactly the same details as before it should come up with your original number.

Elusive, have your friends been able to produce non-resident tax returns?
They didnt own a property here at that stage beach. They sold up in the uk and moved over to spain around sept 2014 and bought a property here a couple of months later.So became tax residents six months later in 2015. They didnt get their residence permit until jan 2015 which makes me wonder if hacienda have picked them out possible thinking that is looks suspicious that they got their residencia at the begining of a new tax year??

But should they have filed a non resident tax form for 2014 as they bought a property in 2014 but didnt become offical residents until 2015?? Maybe thats the connection :crazy:

Turns out the ppl we know did file a 210 for 2014. Its velez tax office thats wanting payment so they have appealed to head office at malaga via their gestor. So see what happens next

Friends have finally won their appeal over tax payment for 2014. They were told it could take upto 4 years so this was an early nice surprise.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:51 pm

Good! No-one should be afraid of taking them on.

We are currently fighting them on someone's behalf because they claim an appeal we made to have some incorrectly deducted tax refunded was submitted outside the time limit when they have already made it quite clear that deadlines would be relaxed due to covid and the disruption of the registered post service.

Don't let them get away with their crap.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Seemed very much a case of throwing mud and hoping it would stick and hoping they would just give up. Thankfully the certificate from HMRC seemed to do the job. It was around 4 k plus so not to be sniffed at